playing live over bts

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
allthumbs

playing live over bts

Post by allthumbs »

I have been looking at all kinds of multi-t recorders all week. This seems to be one I can at least get somewhere with.. I just want to record my guitar over bts. I want to play through a pandoraIII into the pc,no mic. I live in a loud house and my pc fan sounds like a sick vacum cleaner. My question is, can I hear the bt and the guitar track I am rcording at the same time. Right now I have slapped together a splitter for headphones between the modeler and the pc. It works but is a pain to use. Can it be done through the program some how? BTW even when I play clean,it records distorted. Any thuoghts on that?
allthumbs

Post by allthumbs »

yahoo. figured it out. The first time I tried line in, it wouldn't work. Tried it again and no prob. One final question, if there are actually any posters along with the lurkers. What makes this program better than Ntrack? I am considering one or the other, but am leaning towards this one. What are the differences?
Tunemaker

Post by Tunemaker »

Before I purchased Pro-Plus I tried a few different programs and I found N-track was quite unstable compared to MT Studio .. I found it crashed often .. Mind you that was on my old PC .. I also found MT Studio to be more user freindly .. I was also able to figure it out much quicker than N-track .. I am a very Happy MT Studio user and I can't find one reason that I would want to use anything else ..
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I own N-tracks version 4, and Cakewalk Music Creator, Acid Pro 3.0, And Vegas 4.0 and tracktion 1.0, and I find that MTS is easier, more stable, and far more versatile that the others.

I have the Pro version and will upgrade to Pro Plus soon. I hope that MTS comes out with a cool upgrade someday, that has a looping tool in it, and a few upgrades., but even if it does not it is still the best out there