Hello, how long have you been using Multitrackstudio?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Grajnd

Hello, how long have you been using Multitrackstudio?

Post by Grajnd »

Im quite a newbie to the program I guess, I've been having it for 2 months I think, and I love the program! 8) Im learning something new everyday! I was using Cubasis 4 before, for 6 months I think, and it had it moments, but I quickly found out that too many features was abandoned, and difficult to do, (like multirecording, and that(!) midi-audio-bad-timing-thing!) Anyhow, I dont want to disrespect Steinberg.. but sorry, time to move along.

I wonder how much I will learn after 6 months with this program? :wink: Anybody else who can compare the Multitrackstudio with other sequences?
I dont care about flashy GUI's, I really like the simplicity of the program!

G.
edit: please move this post to the discussion board.. didnt saw where I was..
Sticky D

Post by Sticky D »

Yeah its definitely a relief to find a sequencer that doesnt bog you down with detail. Iam using Tracktion at the moment for sampling records and I use FLStudio for MIDI based tracks. I got Cubase SL as part of an offer with my soundcard but I just cant get over the crazy amount of menu's needed to do the smallest task. I ended up uninstalling it out of sheer frustration, its just too overly complicated and fidgety. Workflow should be first and foremost the most important feature in a sequencer and I think MTS comes up trumps in this regard.
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Hi there one and all: Well, I guess I have been using MTS in various forms for two years, working up from the Lite to MTS Pro. It replaced a version of Cubasis I bought. Why? Because that particular combination of Cubasis, Dell and 98 crashed and crosslinked my disk so badly (on two occasions) that I had to re-install just about everything, including windows. Not impressed :(

I love the simple MTS layout. I don't want a screen full of flashy menus and windows - I just want a multi-track recorder that deals with audio and Midi simultaneously, and deals with it well. So far I have not found anything that I wanted to do that MTS won't do :D

Also - my experience is that I get near immediate response from MTS support when I have e-mailed them with question and problems. Great work guys..

PH
Gitterplayer

Post by Gitterplayer »

Hi Everybody. Great to have a forum for MTS. i've used it now for about a year but seriously for only the last few months. I just a guitar player, for fun and leisure. Back in the late 70's when I was twenty I wrote a bunch of folk-style songs in college. A few years later, when I had the money I broke down and bought a TEAC 2340Sx 4-track studio recorder. (still have it, anybody want one?) and recoded many of them. The errors were so tricky to correct that I've had my collection, errors and all since then.

Now in my late forties, I plan to redo the entire collection with a laptop and MTS. I've got one song done pretty well and the power of the computer and MTS just blows me away! Maybe I have too much time to tweak and over-lay tracks and test effects. But now I clearly have the power that I didn't have before to take the time and retakes required to truly get a remarkable sound. Thanks for MTS :D