Presets

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
evon

Presets

Post by evon »

Where can I go to download some free Presets compatible with Windows based programs?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi evon!

Can you be more specific?

What Presets? Are you meaning plugins?

What Windows based programs?
evon

Presets

Post by evon »

Sazz,

I guess I need some VSTi's Plug Ins that contain some good Organ, Bass, Drums and Guitar Presets for a start.

I already downloaded some Classic effects PlugIns I read about on this forum.

I use two Windows based Sequencer Programs MTS and Ableton Live.
Saz

Post by Saz »

evon

Post by evon »

Thanks Saz,
Got your name right this time :D I am at work now but I'll check them out later.
Boy, it seems as if you're the MTS Fairy Godfather :!:
evon

Post by evon »

Sax,

The plugins work excellent in MTS but I can't get them going in Live.

There is lots of things I like with MTS, but I prefer to mix and arrange in Live.

For instance in live you can set a loop for your project so you don't have to keep on restarting especially when mixing and applying effects.

You can also cut and paste more precisly and very easily.

There are quite a few more advantages with Live.

One thing that stands out with MTS is its robustness and good sound quality. I think thier program is built on a solid foundation, I expect to see MTS being a major reckoning force in the future.
Another factor is that I like the Varispeed that MTS has.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I find MTS to be very easy to cut and paste with, almost as easy as AcidPro. Live i have fiddled with but just did not like the workflow to much, but i do not do much mixing as things are looped. I generally build with loops and just move from there. Interesting to hear your thoughts
evon

Post by evon »

Robomusic,

I haven't tried AcidPro, but do you create your own loops or do you import them from another program?

I think Live is great for creating loops and I realy like the interface for cutting and pasting. Also thier automation procedures are realy good. Almost every adjustment can be done on the fly.