Music Terminologies

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
evon

Post by evon »

OK Saz, as usual what you say makes a lot of sense. Also, I feel a lot more confident that I will solve the problem...by tonight :idea: :wink:
evon

Post by evon »

Saz,
You were right, it was a routing problem. I only got to check it out over the weekend as my midi controller was at my weekend location some distance away from where I work.

In the "Device Settings" I set the Midi device to "USB Quattro In" and the Microsoft Default Driver to "Out". I had been using the USB Quattro for both "Out" & "In" before. However, I had to connect an extra lead from the default(internal) sound card's-Line Out/Mic to a stereo pair Input of the USB Quattro soundcard (external ).

My next step now is trying to get some drum tracks. I been messing around with VSTI"s but I have never been able to get even one to work. I am fairly succesful with VST Plugins but not the instruments.
I am used to making my drum loops in Reason and record the tracks straight to Live. After this I mix them down to one, two or three tracks at which time I get rid of most of the effects on the individual tracks, so I don't have CPU Power problem.
Do you have any ideas?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Good to hear you got it worked out, evon!

Maybe try importing your loops into MTS and using the "Sampler", then editing to taste.

I'm not a big fan of VSTi drum machines. I suppose they have their place in some genres, but I prefer to use the Sampler in MTS with some good drum samples for any drum tracks I do. Here's a good free kit... http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit7freedownload.html note - get the soundfont download - MTS will convert them better. Also, you can Google for more free drum/percussion samples in SF2 format.