After recording a track, how do I add a drum track?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
bodyhammer12

After recording a track, how do I add a drum track?

Post by bodyhammer12 »

Alright so I've recorded my guitar into multitrackstudio, but how do I add a drum track using the built-in drum samples? Which drop-down menu do I use? Thanks.
Saz

Re: After recording a track, how do I add a drum track?

Post by Saz »

bodyhammer12 wrote:how do I add a drum track using the built-in drum samples? Which drop-down menu do I use? Thanks.
Hi bodyhammer12!

MTS doesn't really have "built-in drum samples" - nor do most quality multitrack softwares. Most quality multitrack softwares are not designed specifically to create drum tracks - that's the specialty of programs like Acid, FL Studio, etc.

The good news - you can create drum tracks in MTS using your soundcard's built-in midi sounds or using your own drum samples(many can be found free - try Google), but you'll either need a midi keyboard to "drum" in the "hits" or place the "hits" one at a time in a midi track.

FYI - it is usually better to start with a drum track and then add parts - helps with the timing.
bodyhammer12

Post by bodyhammer12 »

Thanks for the response, but which menus do I use once I get the midi keyboard and the drum samples? Thanks.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Once you have your new midi track in place, right-click on the Port1 slot and choose your midi source, configure it and record as you normally would an audio track - no other menus needed to record a track.

If this doesn't make sense, go to the "Studio" menu and select "Wizard", then select "Record a MIDI Track", then click "next" - it will walk you through the steps.