Can changes using Varispeed be recorded?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
evon

Can changes using Varispeed be recorded?

Post by evon »

While recording audio tracks I used the Varispeed control to increase the speed of my recording. I then saved it as a wave file, but when I previewed it in my CD Burning program I realised that it had reverted to the old speed.

The question is, can mts record speed changes and if yes how is this done.....anybody?!
Saz

Post by Saz »

check here first... http://www.multitrackstudio.com/h.php?p ... =varispeed

The Varispeed feature will let you match (or change) the pitch between a track that's playing and a track you are recording along with it. By itself, it's not a "speed" effect per se.

You can record the output of MTS (with the Varispeed engaged) into another program, such as an audio editor and achieve a "speed" effect. Most audio editors have a "speed" function though, so it's easier to just use that.
evon

Post by evon »

Saz,

I have been using mts as my audio editor when I found out this problem. Do you know of a good audio editor freeware that I could use to practice with?
As usual thanks for your concern.
Saz

Post by Saz »

I don't know of any stabile freeware Audio Editors. I haven't looked for awhile though.

I'm using GoldWave - about $40 - and am very happy with it.
evon

Post by evon »

Saz,

I visited goldwave site and I guess I was lucky, I was able to download V5 for free.
I had already downloaded "Audicity" so I will try both of them later when I get home.

Thanks man!
Support

Post by Support »

You can use the Samplerate Converter tool to speed up/down your master file.
When the mouse hovers over the Varispeed control you can see 'Varispeed in cents, (50 cents = 1.0293 times as fast)' in the bottom left corner of the window. (older versions don't do this). The values obviously depend on the Varispeed setting.
Now go to the Samplerate Converter. Load your master file at the top, and a new file below. In the upper samplerate box enter 44100 times 1.0293 = 45392. In the bottom one enter 44100.