What are your favorite VST effects to use with MtStudio?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
times-new-omen

What are your favorite VST effects to use with MtStudio?

Post by times-new-omen »

I love Bremmer's Audio MtStudio, it's by far the best recorder ever created

For this post, I was curious to see what favorite VSTs other users have used with it.

Personally, I use Izotope Vinyl and P1 Tape Delay religiously for my recordings. The built-in reverb is also pretty awesome, when you use the "room" setting.

It's amazing to think that two decades ago, this kind of technology was unheard of..

All I know is, in 2004.. I can't live without it.
Saz

Post by Saz »

It's hard to beat the built-in effects in MTS, but here's a spot for some good free VST plugins... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php The graphic EQ is what I use most.

Also, there are some nice impulse files(reverb, etc.) available here... http://noisevault.com/ that work very well with MTS's built-in Convolutor.
Sticky D

Post by Sticky D »

Yeah that classic EQ is pretty sweet. I 'been using iZotope Thrash mostly in MTS. It really adds to the the whole anologe "Tape style" recording effect. I been trying to track down a good basic freeware Filter. Anyone know of such an effect? I tried Fromhage, mda and Blue Filter buts they were'nt what I was looking for.
Rat-Sass

free downloaded VST

Post by Rat-Sass »

I ran accross the most awesome tube-amp VST while searching for freebies. It's called TUBE BABY, and it has pre-sets from clean to Bang-your-head-into-oblivion. I believe it's a Marshall Amp emulator, and it's freeware. Every other distortion I downloaded was a dog- this one's a bitch in heat! (Duh- I really like it) :D
Rat-Sass

Re: free downloaded VST

Post by Rat-Sass »

Rat-Sass wrote:I ran accross the most awesome tube-amp VST while searching for freebies. It's called TUBE BABY, and it has pre-sets from clean to Bang-your-head-into-oblivion. I believe it's a Marshall Amp emulator, and it's freeware. Every other distortion I downloaded was a dog- this one's a bitch in heat! (Duh- I really like it) :D
I could not find the download site for TubeBaby- so I put it on my website for download (zip file). Yup, uh-huh, I like it; I like it a lot; hyuk. :D
mof

Post by mof »

http://www.ndzeit.org/guitar/tubebaby.html

Here is the link to the TubeBaby mentioned by Rat-Sass
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

I guess these two freebies are well known to MTS users, but I will mention them anyway. These are VST instruments rather than effects.

I've used Linplug's RMF drum sample player for a year or more. It works seamlessly in MTS and loads LM4 stuff - but its only two layers deep. So I recently switched to loading drum soundfonts (such as the Natural Studio NSKit) into the MTS sampler. This runs 8 layers and seems to work just fine, but it is fiddly to sort and set up your samples. Hint: Once you have one kit working I found it easier to copy and edit the .PTC patch file to load or mod another one :)

For instrumental soundfonts I use SFZ from rgc:audio. I often use three or more per song, and they play and sound good to me. However there is a recording bug with SFZ+MTS (at least in my system..) When playing a SFZ channel as you record another SFZ synth, the play channel stutters badly. The final result comes out fine but the recording process sounds bad :? Wonder if anyone else has come across this..

See ya. P
Tunemaker

Pitch Corrector Plug In

Post by Tunemaker »

Does any one know of a affordable Pitch corrector for vocals.

I have tried Anteres Auto Tune (Demo) and it performed well however The cost is very expensive.

I've tried to try Voicetweaker (Demo) from RBC Audio, as I have read some great things about it but all it would do is make clicks and pops.
RBC audio is looking into it as they claim it has not been tested in MTStudio.
Deepsound

Re: What are your favorite VST effects to use with MtStudio?

Post by Deepsound »

Hi everybody,

Your were talking about P-1 Tape Delay-Project One on this topic. Their website is down. Couldn't find the plugin elsewhere on the web.

Any good soul to send it to me or tell where I could download it ?

Thanks very much !
JC
web[AT]deepsound.net
http://deepsound.net
snaarman

Re: Pitch Corrector Plug In

Post by snaarman »

[quote="Tunemaker"]Does any one know of a affordable Pitch corrector for vocals.

Hi there Tunemaker.. I guess you have solved this problem by now.. But I just bought a second hand Akai Pitchright plugin. It was a lot cheaper than Antares. It doesn't work quite as well as the Antares demo I used for a few days, but it certainly seems to help my vocals out. Does not do a good job on instruments however.

Just thought I would mention it, because I had never heard of it until I saw the advert on Sound on Sound readers ads. Maybe you can find another cheap copy floating around somewhere...

PH