Your MT Studio wishlist

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Demto

Your MT Studio wishlist

Post by Demto »

It seems a new version of MT Studio could be available shortly.

I just wondered if any users out there had any particular features
you would like to see added, removed, or refined in a new version.

What's your wishlist ??
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

We did this subject a few months back, and i guess the choices were, pan envelpoes, better looping tools, and a real time mix down were mentioned, after even more time using the program, i would like to see rewire be added, and alsolike I said before, a better sampler that will work with more types of samples, and that will process larger more layered samples.

What would you like to see?
mcairenius

what I want..

Post by mcairenius »

I want the new version to have step entry and when I need to, for it also to have the ability, when recording a midi file and a audio file at which is recorded in a certain sample rate for example 48000 and then when I switch to 24/96000 I want it to be able to keep the song in such a way that it will keep the song speed at the same rate I recorded it at a touch of a button.

Thats my two cents :x
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

The only bug i have ever found in MTS is the one that causes issues in multitrack edits. I tried doing htis the other night and every time I got the tracks moved it would flash up an error, and revert back to the original format. aaarrrggggghhh
firefly

Post by firefly »

I love this thing. I think I would like to see a reverse feature, a spectrograph, delay...for now, that's all.
venatical

Post by venatical »

The option to place more effect slots on a track. This could just be under "Preferences," where you could set how many effects slots you want on each track. There seems to be room, with all that empty space to the right of the meter on each track.

I'm running at 1280x960 resolution and it look slike I could have room for 10 more effects slots. It would be nice to have more room for effects, rather than use the multieffect all the time. It would just reduce mouse-clicking and be quicker to make adjustments.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

You want more effects slots on a track, no problem, just drop a multieffect into one ofht slots, BINGO more slots.
venatical

Post by venatical »

I wrote that in my post. I sometimes have 6 or 7 effects on a track, using the multieffect tool.

I'm saying a neat feature would be to be able to set the number of effect slots per track on the main screen, so it wouldn't be necessary to use the multieffect tool.

It would just mean less mouse clicks. This isn't a change that would add any new functinality, just more usability.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Do you use aux busses much, cause that way you could have as many of those as you wanted and customize the amount of effect for each track that is send to the aux.
Brian

wish list

Post by Brian »

I would like to see the abilty to adjust the click track speed on the fly so I dont have to delete and recrate a new click track and "guess" at a new setting several times?
Mac

Re: wish list

Post by Mac »

Brian wrote:I would like to see the abilty to adjust the click track speed on the fly so I dont have to delete and recrate a new click track and "guess" at a new setting several times?
A cheap pocket metronome is a handy thing at the DAW bench.

Use it to find the tempo you are looking for.

Also can use it to find the tempo of stuff without clicks, etc.

Then there is the time honored use, practicing playing with the click.

--Mac
tmon

Post by tmon »

Hey, I'm just trying to get caught up with the veteranos here...
:wink:

The earlier thread:

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/v ... c.php?t=82
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I don't know if this has been requested already, but I would like the edit screen for the automation parameters to stay on top when I restart the transport.
Tunemaker

Post by Tunemaker »

sinbad wrote:I don't know if this has been requested already, but I would like the edit screen for the automation parameters to stay on top when I restart the transport.
This can be done by using the space bar to stop & start the transport instead of the mouse
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Thanks Tunemaker, I didn't see that in the manual I downloaded. Is there a better one or would that be nice wish for the future? There is an awful lot I don't know about this programme as yet :D

edit- Is there any way of editing while the transport is running? seems not :cry: