4.0 Sneak Preview

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

4.0 Sneak Preview

Post by Support »

Hi all,

Here's a screenshot of the upcoming 4.0 version:
http://www.multitrackstudio.com/bigscreenshot.jpg

The first thing you'll probably notice is the Overview Bar at the top. It shows the current Transport position and the markers. Both can be clicked and dragged.

The track editor's red line has turned into a white needle. It can be moved using the mouse. The editors will scroll horizontally automatically if you drag the needle all the way left or right. The green triangle indicates the Start marker.

The level meters are now stereo where applicable. If you click a meter a much larger copy pops up, so you can check the recording level from the other side of the room.

If you look closely you'll see a Tune effect in the guitar track. That's the new Tuner effect (to tune guitars etc.).

You might think the selected piano part somehow resembles the guitar part. That's right: four guitar notes have been dragged to the piano track. The audio is converted to MIDI automatically. This works with monophonic audio only. The reliability of the note recognition process depends on the audio signal. Usually some editing will be necessary to fix some errors.

That's it for now, all the other new stuff isn't visible in the screenshot. Well, all right..... there's offline mixdown too :-)

regards,

Giel Bremmers
Bremmers Audio Design
Saz

Post by Saz »

Wow! Some very nice features!

Bring it on! :)
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I smell an upgrade to proplus coming!! I like the approach.

Hey Giel, i have been having a problem with audio edits, reverting back to earlier forms, especially in multitrack editor mode, i make a bunch of changes, then an erro pops up and changes everything back.

Any thoughts?
Support

Post by Support »

Hi Robomusic,

I haven't seen an error report on this in the email, so I assume it's not a 'real' error.

I guess it read something like 'disk full'? In that case there's not enough disk space to perform the edits.

Giel
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I did get an error popup, but it came back and did not get to you, i will see if I can resend it.

I could not get it to send under the reports address, but was able to sent the txt file to support. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply, and for the very useful and easy to use program, i love it. Rob
Demto

Post by Demto »

GIEL

If you are reading this I would still like to see a 'peak level' indicator in Db
attached to the recording/replay meters. The existing meters are OK but only give a quick and passing indication of levels. A peak level' indicator
would DISPLAY and HOLD the loudest level so far in the track. If a
louder level was reached later in the track then a new level would be shown in the 'peak level' window. Makes recording more precise as you
can always see exactly the highest recorded level in any track.
Sound Forge, Ntrack etc. have this facility which I find very usefull.

I'm only hoping. Regards, Demto
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Look closely at the sneak preview i beleive i see a peak indicator, in the meters, i see a dot way up above (or to the right) of the meter reading as if it was left there by the peak, and if this is the case, then as you will be able to click it and pop up a larger meter to see from accross the room, then i would think that might make you a happy camper.
Demto

Post by Demto »

Robomusic

You could be right, we will just have to wait and see.
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

wHOOOOE.. :o
André Giroux

Great job

Post by André Giroux »

I bought this software sometime in the spring, since then I've recorded a CD with it and the quality of sound came out better than my first CD I recorded in 2000 at a well known studio here in Canada. $11,000.00 later. This software has payed it self over and over with 1100 CDs sold this summer. The people who bought the CD can't get over the quality of sound from doing this just at home. Now I get this email this morning for an upgrade. WOW. The new features will have my new flatpicking instrumental CD sounding even better. Thanks for the great sofware, great service and great job. :D
I seen that you can toggle all the record buttons at once, do you mean that I can record more than 2 intruments at once. If yes what sound card do you recommend to do this.[/url]
Tunemaker

Re: Great job

Post by Tunemaker »

Andr? Giroux wrote:
I seen that you can toggle all the record buttons at once, do you mean that I can record more than 2 intruments at once. If yes what sound card do you recommend to do this.[/url]
If your using pro plus Any Asio Soundcard will work .. I use M-Audio Delta 1010 which can record 8 audio tracks at once .. I use to have the Delta 44 which would do 4 at once .. I found the M-Audio cards to be very stable and problem free .. :D
Mac

Post by Mac »

If you are in the market for a multi input soundcard, do yourself a favor and check out the EMU cards that have the "M" after the model number.

The "M" designation means the card has the same high end convertor in it that is used in those very expensive Protools hardware solutions. At a MUCH lower price.

The sound is as pro as it gets.

I'm lovin' it. (1616M laptop pcmcia EMU card here, use it in the laptop and also in the desktop DAW with a SYBA pcmcia-to-pci converter)

Delta 1010 series is a good card, used one for quite awhile, but it has been out-converted by these new EMU offerings.

--Mac
André Giroux

Perfect

Post by André Giroux »

Thanks. This info is greatly appreciated. What kind of sound board do you use?
Mac

Re: Perfect

Post by Mac »

Andr? Giroux wrote:Thanks. This info is greatly appreciated. What kind of sound board do you use?
If you mean "mixer" as "soundboard", when I do use a mixer it would be the Mackie 1604 VLZ. For the preamps in it mostly.

But more often I'm likely to forego the mixer and use separate mic preamps instead.

The mixer is handy for on location recording where space and wiring can be at a premium.

Being a "one man show" most of the time at home in the studio, I don't see a real need to have a mixer console taking up space anymore. The less active devices in your signal chain the better, optimum thermal noise spec is nothing that can make thermal noise in the first place unless it is absolutely essential to getting the signal from point A to Line Input. Never understood the reasoning for jacking a high end mic preamp through a mixer if you could avoid the mixer.

I know, I know, ya got to have a whole lotta knobs and faders, maybe even a big meter bridge all lit up to impress the clients. Also good for the testosterone factor for some I guess.

I don't do clients anymore.

Feels great! 8)

--Mac