Monitoring sound question

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
timmer

Monitoring sound question

Post by timmer »

Im really new with playing and recording but Ive managed to do some thing with this program that actually impress me. One question: While using headphones to record a track, how can one monitor the instrument your playing through the headphones?
Saz

Re: Monitoring sound question

Post by Saz »

timmer wrote: While using headphones to record a track, how can one monitor the instrument your playing through the headphones?
The way I usually work with headphones in tracking in MTS, is to just connect them to my main power amp that drives my monitor speakers, with the speakers turned off. I first get my level set on the new track so it doesn't clip, then I adjust the levels on the backing tracks so that I hear more of what I am recording and less of the backing.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Most of the time...I just use my 15 watt Marshall for recording guitar, but I plug the headphone output into my microphone input on my sound card.
All I do after that is just go to my Windows Volume Control in the system tray, go to the playback audio controls, and un-mute the microphone...Then I just plug my headphones in my computer speakers...So I can hear what's being recorded!

Louder amps without an output like that can be difficult...You'd almost need a separate room and a wireless transmitter for wireless headphones. I'm not sure if I helped any...But just an idea :) [/b]
axman

Post by axman »

I use a laptop, with Aardvark USB3 interface

http://www.3-0-0.com/mts/usb3.gif

it allows the monitor of all inputs/outputs, etc....

Recently I picked up some used Accoustic Research Monitor Speakers (self-powered) [powered partners] for $64 out of Oregon on Ebay.
Those babies are nice....if you know anything about AR speakers.....

I'm just getting back into MTS after a several month delay.....

Glad to see all the activity and postings.....