Pro Plus 4.0 Sneak Preview

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Pro Plus 4.0 Sneak Preview

Post by Support »

Here are two new 4.0 features (Pro Plus edition only), taken from the manual:

The Automation chapter: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/automation.php

The Guitar Amp paragraph: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/guitaramp.php

This is an mp3 demo of the Guitar Amp: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/guitarampdemo.mp3
It's made with just the Guitar Amp and the Reverb effect. Oh, and the fades were done by automating the track faders :-)

Enjoy!

Giel Bremmers
Bremmers Audio Design
Saz

Post by Saz »

:shock: 8)

OK - I'm ready for it. :)
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Think George Jefferson .......

I'm movin' on up! .....
Mac

Post by Mac »

Speakin' of George Jefferson, Hi Ya'll.

Hi Saz, you ole guit picker you.

Hi robo, good to find you here.

Was gettin' ready to punch in the card numbers for Multitrack Pro when I saw this announcement about the new version.

So you know what the question is, should I buy now or should I wait?

Will the upgrade be available to any registered user of the past version, or at least to a latecomer schmuck like me who would buy the old version right now?

Brand new DAW, man. Actually two.

laptop daw: HP nx6125, Turion 64 ML-37 @ 2.0g w/2g ram, brand new shiny EMU 1616M card, those convertors!

desktop daw: AMD 64 3700+ on MSI mobo with ATI chipset (I know, I know, brand new at the chipset biz and the shared video ram thang can be solved with a PCI Express card if it should rear its ugly head, but the price was right for that mobo at the time). 2g ram in there, too. Got a SYBA pcmcia adaptor for it so I can shove the laptop EMU 1616M in there when I get home with the tracks...

Sorry, not sellin' the P4 monster, just moving it to the other side of the studio room, it contains too much stuff I need from past projects 'n stuff and it just flat keeps on working well as a daw. I went AMD 64 this time around in an effort to try to be future proof as much as possible.

Anyhoo, would appreciate it if someone would fill George Jefferson's long lost brother in law in on the particulars about upgrade or wait around here.

Thanx,

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Hey Macanator, good to have you stop by. I am not real sure when the upgrade hits the street, and i have heard what the upgrade for those who by 3.11 is right now. But hopefully Geil will post the rules on that for us. I can tell ya that this program really does deliver. It's funny I bought this because of your thoughts over at AM, you really spoke highly of what you had seen so far, as I remember. So I thank you for that. I also remember you were waiting to jump in here until the next DAW built, so it is nice to see you ready to plunge.

I just downloaded the latest N-T version 1974, and I am still having major issues, it crashes on every song i had saved, which makes me believe it is not compatable with older projects (still version 4)

Oh well i have realy enjoyed this program, it just flat gets projects done, and the new stuff is off the hook.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi Mac! Great to see you here! :wink:

That's good news about your new DAWs - just in time for a new version of MTS. Your timing is immaculate - course I knew that from your music. :D

You are entitled to all upgrades for your specific version of MTS for a year, but I think I would wait until V4 is available - it should be very soon now. Maybe drop Giel a line @ support@multitrackstudio.com for the date if you're really anxious.

Oh - as you can probably tell, this forum ain't exactly robust - totally unlike the software. That's a GOOD thing. :wink:
Mac

Post by Mac »

Thanks for the gracious welcome and the info guys.

I think I shall wait patiently and see what happens for a bit, emailing the guy during rollout month wouldn't speed anything up for any of us, been there from his side and know all about that...

Of course, people who send me money during rollout month for the previous version are always appreciated, which is why they get the new version no charge when it comes out (if they purchase within a reasonable time before rollout comes along).

Our company doesn't create fun software like MultitrackStudio, though. Darn.

--Mac
Mac

Post by Mac »

Ask and ye shall receive,

I'm off to punch in the card numbers on ver 4!! :D

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

Mac wrote:Ask and ye shall receive,

I'm off to punch in the card numbers on ver 4!! :D

--Mac
:D
Mac

Post by Mac »

Okay, its "registered user" to you.

What a simple looking interface.

Almost seems like something's missing as compared to ProFools, CakeCrumbs, Slonar, New-Windoe, etc.

Lean. I like that, and it doesn't overwhelm at first sight. Hate having to learn new softwares anymore. Been through too many on the job.

And what a small filesize for such power.

Lean and mean.

First thing I'm gonna try is to simply hook a dynamic mic up and start overdubbin' vocals, see how many tracks etc. Prolly grab an Audix OM-5, that's my favorite for my voice live. Always the first thing I do with a new audio sequencing proggie.

Then I'll hook up a midi keyboard and mess around a bit.

Maybe this'll be fun after all. No deadlines, no clients, no invoices, no hassles.

Oh yeah. No money.

Well, there's that.

--Mac