trying out the version 4.0 -a small problem at first.. fixed

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Grajnd

trying out the version 4.0 -a small problem at first.. fixed

Post by Grajnd »

Thank you for the update! :D
it seems very stable as I shortly have tried my DTXpress, compared to the erlier version.

(its a digital drum if you dont know..)

anyhow, to my dilemma.. the recording into midi goes really smooth, and I dont know, I think it sounds better then before, cleaner .. :-)

but the playback of the midi:s dont play accurate as I recorded them, they seemed to be fixed to a grid, and I dont know where to "shut off" that feature..

anyone have a clue about my problem? been clicking around different menys for an hour now, but havent found the solution..

a small thing else.. I overinstalled the version 3.11, with the 4.0, should I have uninstalled 3.11 before, or?

seeing forward to use MTS! thanks! :D

Rolf
Mac

Post by Mac »

Hi Rolf,

I'm brand shiny new to MultiTrackStudio, but have many years behind me as one of the earliest (and that means OLDest) Midiots around.

I suspect that you may have to find the PPQ settings and put 'em up higher to get the resolution on your midi files back. Often the case that the default Midi Resolution is set to like 480 PPQ or less. Sounds like a mechanical contraption at lower PPQ settings. (PPQ = "Parts Per Quarter", which designates the number of midi ticks to assign to a quarter note. Higher PPQ setting = more resolution available). 9600PPQ is my bare minimum, I typically set my sequencers to as high as it will go and only change that occasionally to lower it temporarily for some easier midi file editing, then put it right back up there.

I don't know MultiTracks well enough yet to tell you where to find that setting, but am sure that a full-featured proggie like this one has it somewhere in there.

HTH,

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi Rolf!

Not very midi-literate here. Maybe what Mac was referring to - there is a setting in the "Preferences" panel (Studio menu) that allows 480 ticks pqn or 30 frames/sec - maybe try ticking the latter.

As far as installation, it is recommended to uninstall your current version before installing the new one.[/b]
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

thank you for your tips, even if I havent gone anyware with my problem actually.. ticking the 480 or the other, didnt do anything, unfortunately.

if I give you some more background maybe:

when I install the 4.0 version, you cant decide where the Mtsstudio-map will install, as far as I know? (it will install att c/program/mtsstudio)

in my case I have 2 disk and neighter of them is c-root. so it ends up on H:, and my music disc is named D://, so I just ctrl-x the created map and moved it to D://program/mtsstudio. everythings works and is fine, but I guess this doesnt has to do with PPQ-stuff?

im just giving some light over the situation. about the PPQ-thing, I guess that is deep inside MTS? as it cant be read within the "settings" document.

my stuff:
2 gig ram
80 gb hd
xp sp2
audiophile 2496

Rolf
Mac

Post by Mac »

There has GOT to be a way to raise the PPQ here.

I won't work at 480 anymore, nope, just won't do it.

Actually, 480 is sufficient for a lot of things, but if you are a bebopper who plays ahead of or behind the beat, 9600 is the minimum IMO.

On the other hand, since 480 seems to be the default for MultiTrackStudio, and you were playing your files okay in ver. 3, perhaps this has nothing at all to do with the problem you are having.

Mine defaulted to the 30 frames/sec., 100 ticks/frame setting when I first opened it, lessee, that's 3000 ticks/sec, if the BPM is 120, that's two beats per sec, so we're talkin' 1500 ticks/beat, no? Still not 9600 PPQ is it?

HELP!

--Mac
Support

Post by Support »

Hi,

Quite a lot of VSTi / DXi plugins appear to have timing problems, or even miss notes, in playback mode. This turns out to be the cause of Rolf's problems as well.

This is the only known problem with the 4.0 version so far, but it has quite an impact. A new release will appear next week to fix this problem.

Hint: This makes the weekend a perfect time for reporting any issues with the 4.0 version you might be experiencing....... ;-)
(please contact support@multitrackstudio.com)

best regards,

Giel Bremmers
Bremmers Audio Design
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

thanks to the new version 4.01 my problem no longer occure! thanks, for the fast response and great support! You rock! :-)

Rolf
Mac

Post by Mac »

Grajnd wrote:thanks to the new version 4.01 my problem no longer occure! thanks, for the fast response and great support! You rock! :-)

Rolf
How do we find out WHEN (and possibly WHERE if not "out in the open" on the main website) the new versions get released and posted around here?

TIA,

**********NEVERMIND, Should have checked my email before checking my forums this afternoon, DUH! *************************

--Mac