still no loop-playback??? - can this really be???

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
jens

still no loop-playback??? - can this really be???

Post by jens »

Or am I missing something? Is it even with V4 still not possible to play a section of a song in a loop?

This is such a basic feature but I still didn't manage to find out how to do it with the latest 'Lite'-version... :? :shock:
jens

Post by jens »

And am I right in believing that it doesn't have an undo-function? :shock:
jens

Post by jens »

Hello? Is there anybody in there? :lol:
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

jens, i am sorry for the delay in replying, i hoped someone that had some more insight would jump in, as far as i know MTS does not have a looping tool, i use Acid Pro for that, as Mac said in anothre thread, there is no software that does it all, at least does it all very well, I guess Sonar come as close as possible, but it still has some weaknesses.
bargainboy1

Post by bargainboy1 »

jens wrote:And am I right in believing that it doesn't have an undo-function? :shock:
From the "Features" page:

Correct your mistakes:

* Punch in/out recording.
* Non-destructive audio editing.
* MIDI pianoroll, notation, drum and controller editors.
* Unlimited levels of undo.
* Track editors have built-in scrubbing capabilities (Pro Plus edition only).
Saz

Post by Saz »

If I need to loop something - which I rarely do - I just copy the section I want to loop, open a new track, paste it and repeat it X number of times.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

That will work as sazzy says, but i beleive that the reference was to being able to actually set a region of a track to play looped, so one can practice with it or add to a new track while the looped regions repeats.
jens

Post by jens »

Robomusic wrote:That will work as sazzy says, but i beleive that the reference was to being able to actually set a region of a track to play looped, so one can practice with it or add to a new track while the looped regions repeats.

yes, exactly - or just to adjust some plugin...

- that's really the most basic feature every sequencer should have...
it's almost like a car without a steering wheel!
jens

Post by jens »

bargainboy1 wrote:
jens wrote:And am I right in believing that it doesn't have an undo-function? :shock:
From the "Features" page:

Correct your mistakes:

* Punch in/out recording.
* Non-destructive audio editing.
* MIDI pianoroll, notation, drum and controller editors.
* Unlimited levels of undo.
* Track editors have built-in scrubbing capabilities (Pro Plus edition only).
that's good to know! :-) - apparently it didn't make it into the demo yet - or at least I couldn't find anything in the menues and crtl+z also didn't work... :?
Mac

Post by Mac »

* Left/Right Cursor Key: Rewind/Fast Forward.
* Home Key: Go to start of song.
* End Key: Go to end of song.
* Space Bar: Toggle Transport start/stop.
* Ctrl Space Bar: Start at last start position.
* ALT Left/Right Cursor Key: Walk through history of recent start positions. These positions are also available on
the Markers menu. You can press ALT Left Cursor to manually 'loop' part of the Song. This can be useful when
setting up effects.

* CTRL Left/Right Cursor Key: To previous/next Marker

Well, it is not automatic relooping but I tried it out as per Saz's suggestion and found that one can use to set up effects rather easily.

In certain ways I think I prefer having that manual control over it rather than the endless loop repeat thang, time will tell.

Saz tells me that Sir Geil is super-responsive about a lot of user input like this, no doubt this particular wish has been duly noted.

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Yeah i mentioned it before to him, and i assume, that it he will get around to it some day, if enough ask. Yet Looping tools are most likely a pretty big change, I love this software as it is, so I prefer baby steps, rather than large leaps. We have seen what big upgrades does to other softwares, like N-T and Sonar.
michi_mak

Post by michi_mak »

Robomusic wrote:Yeah i mentioned it before to him, and i assume, that it he will get around to it some day, if enough ask. Yet Looping tools are most likely a pretty big change, I love this software as it is, so I prefer baby steps, rather than large leaps. We have seen what big upgrades does to other softwares, like N-T and Sonar.
yeah me too ! i would really need it for programming drums !! what about feature-requests for mts ( i'm pretty new around here )
submission

Post by submission »

Is there by chance a MTS todo list or even a Log that we can see from time to time to see what might be comming up in new updates of MTS ?

As of now what is next for MTS or even in the future ?
Mac

Post by Mac »

Just send any requests via email to Support.

Then lay back.

Don't expect flurries of new versions alla time, though.

Do expect to see as many reasonable requests fulfilled in a future version, you will wait longer for that than with other softwares, but the tradeoff is that when it gets here, IT WILL WORK.

I have found no recording software that does it all in one package for me yet, and have spent a small fortune finding out about a whole lot of 'em.

Bottom line is everybody finds the one that trades off what they need versus what it does, I think. In my case that still means running 4 or 5 different ones at different times to do different things.

Its all good,

--Mac