My Sampler doesn't convert .GIG files

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
skiptic

My Sampler doesn't convert .GIG files

Post by skiptic »

I'm trying to use Yellow Tools Pure Drums with my MTStudio sampler. I am using the GIGASAMPLER set of .GIG sample files.
When I get to the Patch Selector window of the sampler and try to open a .GIG sample file, the Patch Converter window opens and it says it will convert the .GIG file to a MTStudio .ptc format. BUT, when I click the OK button an error window appears. It says "Cannot open input file". Anybody know what the problem might be?
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

I believe I have done this a few days ago, and it did work...

Usually I have converted SF2 soundfont files to ptc format

Currently there is an issue going on: I find the SF2 to PTC conversion sometimes gets the loop points and sampling rates wrong - furthermore the new V4 version now converts the samples to .GJM compressed audio rather than .WAV This means that you can't tweak the loop points yourself very easily.

I have raised this with support, so they are aware.. but I think their priority this week is soting out the VSTi timing and note handling bug

Maybe there is a fault in your .GIG file??

See ya

P
skiptic

Post by skiptic »

Thanks for the informative reply, P. I'll check with yellow tools tomorrow about the specs on those .GIG files. I don't know enough about this stuff yet.

-Skip