A beautiful thing to behold...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Mac

A beautiful thing to behold...

Post by Mac »

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/po_issues.php

Man, ain't that a beautiful sight?

Wait a minute (rubs eyes) it might be a mirage....

Never saw it before in some thirteen different recording softwares, either.

:D

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

You know, i still think fondly of you for suggesting that others might try this about a year ago, I remember at the time you mentioned that you were thinking about going with it on the next DAW build, so I gave her a whirl. Man I am so glad i did, while it is not as feature filled as some softwares, it is solid and functional. I just flat get it done here.

I keep pounding it and it keeps on delevering., Next stop E-MU
Saz

Re: A beautiful thing to behold...

Post by Saz »

Mac wrote: Man, ain't that a beautiful sight?

Wait a minute (rubs eyes) it might be a mirage....
Learn to trust your eyes. :D
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Tee Hee :shock:
Mac

Post by Mac »

Well, I still wouldn't know of MTS' existence if it hadn't been fer some guy named SAZ turnin' me onto it.

Saz is on a mission from the Netherlands, man.

I want to figure out ways to let more people know about this software.

Changes to the Audiominds homepage are upcoming, shh!

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

In a way, I have to thank Neil Zaza for my discovery of MTS...

Three years ago I got back into playing guitar after a 15 year layoff and had just become aware of music-making software for the PC. Very shortly after, I attended a guitar clinic by Neil Zaza, which inspired my first song since the layoff. I wrote to Neil and told him about the song - he replied, "I can't wait to hear it". I was floored and that set off a mad scramble to find multitrack software to record with.

After trying every demo available, I found that MTS was the "only" software that was easy to use and wouldn't crash my old HP Pavillion.

Three years later, with a lot of help from Mac, I have a dedicated box for music and MTS still rules the roost - it just works!
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Darnit...thanks to you guys, I'm now tempted to save my nickels and get this proggie instead of a new set of pickups for my bass. Darn budget! ;) I know you've heard this before, but why, Why, WHY only three tracks in the demo??? I have used iffy software which would start hiccuping only after about 9 tracks, so how can I tell if MTS is any better? Give at least 15-20 tracks in the demo, limit plugins, disallow save or whatever, but I need to see how it handles simultaneous record, mix, and playback @ 24/96 at least. I have been burned too many times going on user recommendation alone, no matter how authoritative...I LIVE for try-before-you-buy!

Oh well, just hoping the dev(s) will see this :D

With highest hopes,
Juggler
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi Juggler!

I know what you mean about giving something a complete workout before you buy. Maybe that's something that MTS will offer in the future, but check out the bottom of this page... http://www.multitrackstudio.com/buy.php

"Refund policy: If you experience major technical problems we can offer a refund within 30 days of the purchase date. The Lite edition lets you test almost all features prior to purchase."

You won't see that offered many places. :wink:
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Thanks Saz, especially since I'm sure you've had to deal with hard-headed folks like me before :) As far as the refund goes, it'd be nice to know what qualifies as "major technical problems". Eh, anyway, bottom line is I'm looking seriously at MTS now...good to see offline mixdown...I'm going to give the demo a spin.

Thanks,
Juggler
Mac

Post by Mac »

Juggler wrote:As far as the refund goes, it'd be nice to know what qualifies as "major technical problems".
Well, in your case I'd say that would be not being able to play back those 15 tracks while recording another in 24/96 or not being able to mixdown same without troubles. 8)

Odds are purty good you will be able to do that.

That is why this is such a dead forum. We are off recording instead of posting problems, dig.

--Mac
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Dug. Thanks, Mac 8)
André Giroux

MTS

Post by André Giroux »

Hi Juggler.
If you want an idea what this thing does, you can check out a cd I recorded with this software at http://andregiroux.com Deep-Rooted. I'm new at computer recording and this was my first time recording where I decided everything that was going to be done. I have friends which they've had different softwares for a couple of years now. Their still trying to figure some things out and their telling they had the best at $800.00 softwares and up. They can't believe the little time it took to record the album. Of course there's a few flaws here and there in the mix but mostly only pros will notice. The fact is I took a month to familiarize with MTS and then called up the boys and nailed the recordings in 4 days and then I took a week to mix on my own. For just over $100.00 for MTS I've sold over 1100 CDs since June, I'd say that's a darn good deal. Anyways all of that just say I'm 99.9% sure that if you do get MTS, you'll agree with me that MTS ROCKS and not only the product but the service also. :D [/code]
The piece of mind software
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I personally ahve at least three songs i have done with this software, that have at least 15 tracks, most have effects, and most are midi thru softsynths, so the load is great, most peak out near 65% CPU on my modest AMD2400+ system with 512 of ram, so it will handle the load, but will the system handle it, that is the biggest question. So many time when we have issue, it is the system not the program. Anyway I hope that helps
Juggler

Re: MTS

Post by Juggler »

Andr? Giroux wrote:Hi Juggler.
If you want an idea what this thing does, you can check out a cd I recorded with this software at http://andregiroux.com Deep-Rooted.
No fair, Andr?...I think you'd whoop some serious butt no matter what software you chose to use. :) But seriously, I have come to the realization that most recording software out there can do the job as long as long as it just works. I'm interested in the stability of MTS mostly (timing, recording, crashes/errors, etc.). In testing the demo, so far so good, but the 3-track limit just leaves a bit of a question mark for me. However, the longer I play with it, the less I worry about that. Unfortunately I only have about 1 hr. each day to learn and test it, so it may be a while before I sort everything out. MTS is looking good though, and thanks for the response!

Juggler
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Robomusic wrote:I personally ahve at least three songs i have done with this software, that have at least 15 tracks, most have effects, and most are midi thru softsynths, so the load is great, most peak out near 65% CPU on my modest AMD2400+ system with 512 of ram, so it will handle the load, but will the system handle it, that is the biggest question. So many time when we have issue, it is the system not the program. Anyway I hope that helps
Since there are only 3 tracks in the demo, most of my tests have been heaping on the plugins and using multiple groups and effects send/return channels. My system isn't much faster than yours, Robo, and things are looking pretty good so far. BTW, is it normal for SIR reverb to cause a timing offset for tracks which use it? Is there a setting in MTS to correct this? I wanted to try the Convolution plugin, but its not included in the demo, AFAICT. Oh well, not a show-stopper...all I need to see is $119 worth anyway, then I'll be sold... (It's Pro-plus or nuttin' for me) :) Thanks...

Juggler