First 11 seconds

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Journey2hvn

First 11 seconds

Post by Journey2hvn »

How would I cut out or delete the first 11 seconds of recording. The song doesn't start until 11.5 sec of empty space and I want to cut that out and I've been to the multitrack editor and highlighted the first 10 seconds and hit delete and nothing happened .. any suggestions ?

Jerry
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Hi there!

Do exactly what you did, and you should get 11 seconds of silence..

Do exactly what you did but click the "Insert" button first and it will remove those 11 seconds...

Proceed with care??

:-)

Pete H
Mac

Post by Mac »

To be fair, this is a problem with just about every one of the audio sequencing programs I've ever used.

It just isn't intuitive to "insert" when you want to remove...

Sometimes you are able to highlight an entire track and "slide" it backwards in some proggies, have to see if MTS can do that, don't know, still shakin' it down here. But what a shakedown, no freezes, no crashes, no weird stuff happenin', not many if any of the other softwares I have used over the years can say that much.

Keep on trackin',

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

Mac wrote:Sometimes you are able to highlight an entire track and "slide" it backwards in some proggies, have to see if MTS can do that, don't know, still shakin' it down here.
Yep - you can do that in MTS. :wink:
Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

Ok ... I have a song mastered and saved in gjs format ... There's 12 seconds of silence that I want to Delete ... another words the song doesn't start till 13 seconds ... How do I delete the silence to get the song to start faster than 13 seconds. You see .... I'm a singer and well I get my songs from karaoke music .. and well the music didnt start till 13 seconds .. is there a way to make it start sooner ?

By the way I still have the pro plus 3.1

Jerry
Saz

Post by Saz »

Just highlight(select) the part of the track you want to save - then hold down on the left mouse button while the cursor is over the highlighted area(it turns into a little box) and drag the whole shebang to the left(where you want the song to start playing).
Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

When I go to the multi track editor .... Well there's no way of highlighting the whole song ... it just highlights the part thats there .. like its only like 3-4 seconds .... I try to move the highlight further along the song but it doesnt move .... I tried to take it from the 12 second mark and well it highlighted and I got the little white box .. and I tried to slide it to the left .. towards o seconds and well nothing happened ... I guess I'll never get this ... If you give me your e mail address I'll send you the mp3 of it ... To see what I'm talking about

My E mail address is Journey2hvn@yahoo.com

Jerry
Saz

Post by Saz »

Journey2hvn wrote:When I go to the multi track editor .... Well there's no way of highlighting the whole song ...
Hmmm - maybe it won't work with the Multitrack Editor, but what you described doing should work. Try mixing down to a single stereo wav file and try again.

Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

Where else would you edit if your not in the multi track editor ?
Mac

Post by Mac »

Journey2hvn wrote:Where else would you edit if your not in the multi track editor ?
If you mix the multitracks down to a single stereo track, then re-open that track, you can do the edit on a single stereo track. I'm pretty sure that's what Saz meant.

But if you aren't ready to mix down yet, try the slide technique mentioned earlier, highlight the tracks and slide them backwards on the timeline until the 0 mark lines up with where you want the playback to start.

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

Mac wrote:If you mix the multitracks down to a single stereo track, then re-open that track, you can do the edit on a single stereo track. I'm pretty sure that's what Saz meant.
Yep - that's what I meant - just didn't say it as well. :)