Considering to Purchase MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Charlie

Considering to Purchase MTS

Post by Charlie »

Hi All,
I am considering purchasing MTS as I am looking for an easy to use midi sequencer. I almost exclusively will be using hardware and software synths. I do very little audio recording.

I down loaded the demo version and was pleased with the results for the most part. I have a couple of questions.

1. I have a Roland JV1010. Is there a patch map available for this synth? I have created a map using text files with other programs. How do I convert this to a pmp file?

2. When using soft synths with the program, how do I create and save new presets.

thanks very much,
Charlie
Mac

Post by Mac »

1. I have a Roland JV1010. Is there a patch map available for this synth? I have created a map using text files with other programs. How do I convert this to a pmp file?
Look in Program Files\MtStudio\Patchmaps, you should see three of the .pmp files there. Actually, they are just txt files saved with a different extension. Doubleclicking one of the existing patchmaps in windows will result in windows asking you which program to use to open the file, tell it you want to specify and then select one of the .txt editors from the next window of available programs. You can open them in notepad or wordpad or any other text editor that will let you save the changed file as .txt. Then change the suffix of the file to .pmp suffix. I like to use one of the freeware suffix changing softwares whenver changing a suffix on a file in XP (grin) -- http://www.nonags.com/nonags/fileren.html should find you one, look for one that will change the suffix, though. Of course there are other ways to do that, but. If anybody has a simple method to change file suffixes in XP, pipe up now. (grin)

You can use one of the existing Patchmaps as a guide to put in the banks and patches of your JV1010. Just might be the one you have for another proggie is pretty close as it is. Find/Replace is your friend in patchmap land, right?
2. When using soft synths with the program, how do I create and save new presets.
From page 12 of the .pdf user manual:
Presets
Effect and Synth presets can be created easily by dragging the Effect or Synth Slot to the Effect Presets or Synth Presets
section of the Shelf. A preset will be created named New Preset.
Presets can be renamed by left-clicking them. After typing a new name press Enter to accept or Esc to cancel. To use a
Preset you can drag it to a slot just like you can drag standard Effects.
Presets can be removed by dragging them to the Garbage Bin.
If you didn't download that manual, you should.

This is one of the easiest multitrack recording softwares to use on the planet, take my word on that, I think I tried every other one first, this has also already proven itself to be a very robust piece of code, I'm trying to kill it and so far cannot and I am real good at breakin' stuff, comes with the engineering degree -- well worth spending the time with the manual, you will find that you only have to deal with that manual once or twice to catch on to things.

Enjoy,

--Mac
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Much appreciated Mac,

I'll continue my trials with MTS.

Charlie