Patch Map Help

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Charlie

Patch Map Help

Post by Charlie »

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with setting up a patch map for my Roland JV1010. With N Tracks I have used the following format without problems:

Patches PR A\001 64 Voice Piano=81,0,0
Patches PR A\002 Bright Piano =81,0,1
" " "
" " "
Patches PR B\001 Dist Guitar 1 =81,1,0
Patches PR B\002 Dist Guitar 2 =81,1,1
" " "
" " "
and so on....

With MTS I tried this format (the same as the Korg TR-Rack pmp) without success:

[bank 0]
0=A00 64 Voice Piano
1=A01 Bright Piano
" " "
" " "
[bank 1]
0=B00 Dist Guitar
1=B01 Dist Guitar

I've also tried a bunch of variations but no luck. I don't get it. Is the patch map format dependent on the brand of software or does it depend on the hardware?

thanks,
Charlie
Mac

Post by Mac »

Not sure, but I don't see the "81,X,X" anywhere in your edit.

I'm thinking the 81 might be the real bank number?

One thing you can do with patchmaps that helps is to find the cakewalk patchmap for your synth, download it and take a look at what is in there, they usually clear things up for me by studying them. Sometimes can copy and paste directly pretty much what's in them into other proggies, too. Haven't tried a patchmap in MTS yet, though, so take it with a grain of salt, just trying to help.

--Mac
Mac

Post by Mac »

bump
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hi Mac,
I've been away from the computer lately. Thanks for the pointers. I will give them a try. It looks like I have a bunch of other things i have to work out. I am new to the computer music world. I have to figure out my sound module, got to figure out the mixer, got to figure out the sound card and got to figure out the software.

:shock: where do I begin??

I am going to take a few weeks to try and figure this stuff out. I don't want to ask too many dumb questions.

anybody have a 4 track tape recorder for sale? :lol: