Midi to Wav conversion

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Rat-Sass

Midi to Wav conversion

Post by Rat-Sass »

I found it irritating to mix down midi into a wav format on MTStudio- so- I bought MID2WAV from www.mid2wav.com and their program (25 bucks) is a snap... instant, sychronized midi playback as soon as you click the Record button. You can choose your output from a pulldown menu; tweak your recording level; couldn't be any faster. A nice piece of software to compliment MTStudio.

I compose all the tracks and then convert them to WAV independantly by muting the others. That way I have full control over the effects on each instrument when I bring them into MT studio. Heehee :P , makes the SB Synth sound like a Roland drum set!
Rat-Sass

address correction

Post by Rat-Sass »

Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

The problem with that method, is that you have the wave file of the internal synth chip in the computer, which usually sound fairly bad, compared to a real instrument. I much prefer to use the sampler to playback midi files and use sound fonts in the sampler, then open a track and record the wave files either one at a time or as a mixed down file, this allows you to choose your sound carefully and get some real sounds that internal synths can't touch.

Just my humble two cents worth.