What is the best way to...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
firefly

What is the best way to...

Post by firefly »

I've finished with a song and I want to save everything, including each individual track, to a backup device, such as a CD.

Question: what is the best way to do it? Do I have to convert each track individually to a 16 bit track (I recorded them in 32 bit) and then burn them individually to a CD? If I need to do this, how exactly is the best way? Create a new track as a 16 bit master of the individual track? This seems quite time intensive. If I do this and eventually want to re-mix the song and reload each track into MTS, will all the effects settings and so forth be remembered/retained? I would like to clear up my hardrive if possible of all the tracks.

For those of you who do this, what is the best way of doing this? Do you keep the HDR file forever on your hardrive since that file cannot be written to a CD, or can it?

I read the submssion on archiving but I do not think it answered these questions exactly. And if it did, I apologize for not understanding it.

Thanks for your help.
Tunemaker

Post by Tunemaker »

The way I do it is first I make sure all files relating to a particular song are in the same folder, including the HDR file etc. Then I just send that folder to the the CD burner and burn as Data CD. If the folder has more than 780MB I'll use a DVD to burn to as it will hold more Data ..
This way the CD or DVD will contain all the project files that can be re-loaded at a later time.

Rob
firefly

Post by firefly »

Thanks for the information. It was very helpful.