Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

Wish list for the next release

Post by sinbad »

How about a wish list for the next release guys and gals. Giel does a great job but without your secret desires, how is he to know what turns you on?

My wish list:
Multiple visible VSTs during playback. Among other things, I would like to be able to see the frequency spectrum of several tracks simultaneously. Alternative would be a simple multi-track spectrum analyser/indicator to which you could assign tracks at will. Something like the EQ curves. It would be nice to be able to see what parameters are selected on more than one vst at a time.

A menu for rendering of selected tracks, with or without effects.
firefly

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by firefly »

I would like to second every one of Sinbad's suggestions - I think those are great ideas.

As for a couple of other ideas, I would like to see the ability to move a track forward or backwards by a precise amount, say 5 milliseconds or whatever amount needed.

Also, the ability to choose a track or part of a track, apply an effect, and then apply an algorithm that would apply a random amount of the effect on the track - perhaps through the automation effect so the delay time of an effect could be randomly shifted incrementally.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts.
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

-- Rewire support. (Or ability to play and edit REX2 files natively).

-- Track Folders. :)
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

What, no more wishes?? :shock:
We have to keep Giel on his toes :mrgreen:
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

While I don’t have the newest version of MTS, I would like a “save as” option in the Song menu.

I know I do things a bit odd sometimes, but would like the ability to load a project, make changes to it or end up with something totally different then hit “save as” and save it as a completely new Song / project leaving the original one unchanged.

I do that when creating / editing photos & images.

Maybe I’m the only one that would find that useful! Wanted to ask about that for over a year now & this thread seemed like a good place for it.

One other thing I can think of is in the EQ

Would like to have a bandwidth adjustment for the Bass frequencies as well. The Lo MID don’t quite go down as low as I would like only 50hz, I’d like to be able to tweak certain frequencies below that as well, say down to 20hz. Being able to adjust with a narrow bandwidth comes in handy.

Making the Lo MID be able to go down to 20hz would work fine.

Don't know if any of this made sense, haha.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

If you press "shift" and Song at the same time , "Save as" appears in the menu.
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

sinbad wrote:If you press "shift" and Song at the same time , "Save as" appears in the menu.
Shows how much I look for stuff then, haha. I thought I looked pretty good but must not have. Anyway can’t tell you how much I appreciate that info Sinbad !!!! That should come in handy. Thank You.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

There are a lot of things in this program that are not apparent on first glance. As far as the bass tweaking, it should not be a problem as most of the time you would probably want to reduce with the low cut, or the bass control, which goes down to 20 hz. You can't select a very narrow band, but that is ok because of the long wave length at low frequencies.
If that doesn't work for you, you can always use some of the free vst plugins available on the web. There is something for everyones taste.
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Very true on the VST’s, I’ll look into those as well as I’m sure I can find one that will work well.

I do various things with MTS & one of them is bass tracks, low freq sinewaves, music, etc. & its nice to be able to fine tune specific freqs with the parametric EQ with a narrow bandwidth. I’m sure most on the forum / using MTS don’t use it for stuff like this, so finding an appropriate VST is probably best.

Thank you for all the info Sinbad, I've learned a bit from this, if I think of anything else that could be considered for a wish list, I’ll post back.
Support

Post by Support »

K-N-M wrote:
sinbad wrote:If you press "shift" and Song at the same time , "Save as" appears in the menu.
Shows how much I look for stuff then, haha. I thought I looked pretty good but must not have. Anyway can’t tell you how much I appreciate that info Sinbad !!!! That should come in handy. Thank You.
Note that this only saves the 'song' file (*.hdr). It doesn't save the audio and MIDI files opened in the tracks, so if you edit a track both the current and the 'saved as' version will be affected.

Giel Bremmers
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Support wrote:
K-N-M wrote:
Note that this only saves the 'song' file (*.hdr). It doesn't save the audio and MIDI files opened in the tracks, so if you edit a track both the current and the 'saved as' version will be affected.

Giel Bremmers

Ok thank you for the info on that Giel.

Yeah what I wanted to be able to do is save it as an entire new song file, including all audio and MIDI files in a new folder leaving the original unchanged.

Thanks again.
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

I am still using 5.1.0.0. from October 2008. My Midi keyboard is a keystation pro88. I would like for there to be at least 40 custom effect knob adjustments for the VST plugin effect window in the control surface menu. Or overall better control over the VST plugin effect window via control surface in the custom control surface editing menu. I don`t know If this has been implimented already but I thought I would share my thoughts.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Well MultitrackStudio pretty well does everything that I need as it is and a Vocal Harmonizer is a bit much to ask for I think so, keep on surprising me Giel as you usually do, that just fine with me. Now if I could only find a woman that makes me as happy as MTS. :lol:
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

<Now if I could only find a woman that makes me as happy as MTS.>

With your talent André they should be throwing themselves at you. :wink:
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Traditional Transport functionality for Mackie Control devices.

Most control surfaces have a separate "REC" button. Feels weird to use PLAY button to record.

Thanks.