Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by Support »

Are you sure the MIDI connection from MultitrackStudio to the iPhone is set up correctly? It apparently works the other way round, but maybe the other direction isn't working.

Giel Bremmers
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Support wrote:Are you sure the MIDI connection from MultitrackStudio to the iPhone is set up correctly? It apparently works the other way round, but maybe the other direction isn't working.
I think it's set up correctly. When I press play on the screen with my mouse, my iPhone displays "PLAY". When I stop MTS using my mouse, "STOP" displays on my iPhone. When I setup a loop, using my mouse, my iPhone displays "LOOP ON".

In other words, it looks like data is being sent back to my iPhone. And vice versa. I can easily control all MTS transport functionality, markers, zoom in, zoom out with my iPhone.

The only thing not updating is the Position Indicator value.

I'll try to contact eyosido.com and see what they say. I will report back when I hear back from them.
Support

Post by Support »

MultitrackStudio does send the counter position. It works fine with the AC-7 Core HD iPad app for example (in Mackie Control mode).

Giel Bremmers
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Is the following possible to add to a future update maybe...hopefully...? :D

I would like to be able to stop the editor view from moving while the transport is running / cycling. Basically stopping it from moving automatically, but being able to still move it where I want it manually. Another way to put it; the transport is running, but the editor views stay where I move them for editing. The transport “position needle” can still move though to see where it is.

Here is why I would like this.
If I have it zoomed in while editing / programming MIDI in the piano roll, it jumps out of view and I often like to hear a complete bar while cycling for context & need it zoomed in. I’ve used other daws that have the option to automatically have the view move like MTS does with the transport, OR, stop it from moving & manually move the view where you want it at any time which makes editing so much easier at times. For people that do a lot of electronic MIDI programming & various other similar things where zooming in helps, I think others would find this useful as well. Could add the feature in one of the drop down menus to toggle it on / off, or an extra little button somewhere.

I have never seen a way to toggle between this, unless I missed it somewhere. Which is a possibility! :mrgreen:

Just thought I'd put this idea out there! Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

K-N-M wrote:I would like to be able to stop the editor view from moving while the transport is running / cycling.
It's on the list. Editing while the transport is running wasn't possible until early last year. Keeping the editors from moving was rather pointless while you couldn't edit anyway, but it would be very cool now indeed.

Giel Bremmers
Capricer

Post by Capricer »

Even if I'm new here, I've passed so long time to find the right MIDI sequencer, that I can have some wishes :wink:
1) a Loop mode : the track (and Repeat function) is great, but for drum track, we can have to apply "pattern" concept like music machine's... Intro A -> MainPattern B (6 times) -> FillIn C -> MainPattern D (8 times) -> Ending E. A track with a sequence labeled A, B, C, D... would do the job or something like this ?

2) an active Midi sense led : just to see if MIDI interface from keyboard is OK for MST... could be a little blinking box in a corner

3) an internal arpegiator : that's a great tool to make variation but I've problem to use VST one's... music creation shouln't be a technical works but an artistic one ! MST seems to be easy to use, I suppose the developper can imagine a simple arpegiator (not a very complex one, just a simple to use). This way could give a better synchronization with BPM (tempo).

4) more colors (or editable tracks colors) : they're nice but small number

5) A semi-automatic patch-map editor : MST record a program change and just ask for it name (if it's empty). Because, LSB, MSB and banck select are a little complex to understand (and more, what about GM, GM2, GS from Roland, XG from Yamaha, NX form Technics ? I'm really confused to creat my own file :oops: )

6) enhancement in documentation: that's the last point but very important ! more examples and more pictures. For this, maybe it could be a collaborative works from all advanced users ?

However, I know that writting programs is time consuming and us (customers) have ever new wishes but I hope some of mine would be easy to implement and useful for other musicians :wink:
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Hi,

I think video tutorials for a more complex use of MTS would be a good thing.
It is not clear to me and probably for other people also start with MTS.

I use basically, I think I'm missing some things that would make me use easier.
Small short videos that explain all functions from basic to more complex.
I also think it would help to know a little more MTS.
the person who downloads the demo is a little lost, because MTS has nothing to do with the other DAW.

just my opinion ... :D

Sorry for my bad English.

Thierry - France
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for the suggestions!
Capricer wrote:1) a Loop mode : the track (and Repeat function) is great, but for drum track, we can have to apply "pattern" concept like music machine's... Intro A -> MainPattern B (6 times) -> FillIn C -> MainPattern D (8 times) -> Ending E. A track with a sequence labeled A, B, C, D... would do the job or something like this ?
Are you aware of this? http://www.multitrackstudio.com/patternedit.php

Giel Bremmers
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

A map-able MIDI function that does exactly what F6 does (keyboard shortcuts).

CUT, DELETE, COPY, PASTE and UNDO map-able MIDI functions.
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

Hi,
Now the option has been added to stop the track at the end of song I'd like to request another option to further automate MTS Pro for live stage work?
I use a iPad app to automate loading a song over wifi using MTS's songlo and songhi (bank selection) CC 0 and CC32 automation features. Works beautifully and I've written scripts to generate the setlist.txt file from my song directory structure. Saves some time.

Request,
To build on this.. on receiving a song request form the iPad and loading the MTS song project could MTS fire off a stream of sysex or midi bank select, program message. Idea to store the midi Raw info in a file located in the same directory as the .hdr file for each song. Something like a midi.p file containing something like..

MidiOut_1=BE 00 30 BE 20 78 CE 23 'Send bank select and program change 24 to synth on midi Ch 15 on midi output 1
MidiOut_2=B9 00 02 B9 20 7D C9 02 'Send bank select and PC to Yamaha DTX preset 3 midi Ch 10 Example.

Doing so, would negate having to load a midi track which basically is empty used to select program changes.

In addition the program change is sent (before the song is started) which is what I really like to achieve here so I can verify synth and DMX light has change before starting each song.

Can this be done and preference added (tick box) to check for the midi.p file exists and on song load, send the raw midi out each configured midi port?

Anyone else interested? If unable to then I'll have look into programing up a script for the Mac to do this but would be unbelievable feature to add? :-)

In closing, Nothing to add to the GUI just a tick box in the preference page to indicate for MTSPro to send out the RAW midi from the file "call it what you like" if it exists in the song directory.
Send only once the project is loaded waiting for the automation command (yesI use midi foot pedal board) to start play. :P

I'm be very happy with MTS Pro, faultless and reliable or is this the Mac?

Thanks for continuing support Giel Bremmers !! you rock.

Rob
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

How about a Mixer View?
renatuscartesius

Post by renatuscartesius »

I really would like to see an autosave feature! Eg. Autosave all 5 Minutes in an extra Songname_autosave or so...
Support

Post by Support »

renatuscartesius wrote:I really would like to see an autosave feature! Eg. Autosave all 5 Minutes in an extra Songname_autosave or so...
A 'version' is saved automatically. Please see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/songversions.php (the Autosave paragraph).

Giel Bremmers
renatuscartesius

Post by renatuscartesius »

Support wrote:
renatuscartesius wrote:I really would like to see an autosave feature! Eg. Autosave all 5 Minutes in an extra Songname_autosave or so...
A 'version' is saved automatically. Please see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/songversions.php (the Autosave paragraph).

Giel Bremmers
Thank you! I'll try that! :-)
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

Don't know if it's been mentioned.... Would love the ability to change/edit tempos smoothly (Ramp up and down, curves, etc).