Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
picknight

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by picknight »

Dijon wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned.... Would love the ability to change/edit tempos smoothly (Ramp up and down, curves, etc).
Yes, I would like that feature too so that you could do a rallentando/ritardando effect at the end of a song.
renatuscartesius

Post by renatuscartesius »

picknight wrote:
Dijon wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned.... Would love the ability to change/edit tempos smoothly (Ramp up and down, curves, etc).
Yes, I would like that feature too so that you could do a rallentando/ritardando effect at the end of a song.
+1!
firefly

Post by firefly »

I would like to see the ability to shift a track or a part of a track forward or backward by a specified amount in milliseconds by typing in a value. A track can be shifted now by dragging it but I'd like to be able to move it by a specific/specified amount. This could be very useful in thickening tracks especially when used in combination with the pitch shifting capability of the track editor. Or does this ability exist and I've just missed it?

I know I've asked for things before only to have Saz explain to me that they were already in MTS! BTW, thanks again Saz.... :lol:
Saz

Post by Saz »

Always happy if/when I can help. :D

Don't know of 'direct' way to shift tracks - maybe someone can shed light.

but...

You could use the Echo Effect in the last effects slot on a track and set the Feedback to 0% and Mix to 100%. Then adjust the Delay time in ms. Would work for a whole track. You'd have to use automation to 'effect' only part of a track.

Whenever I need to shift tracks, I zoom on the timeline until the grids are 10ms spacing.
It makes easier for me to estimate and drag to the approximate ms I'm after.

HTH
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hi Giel,

To be able to float a track to my second monitor screen when editing. When expanding 2 tracks it would be great to be able to compare and edit side by rather than above and under as that makes it that you have to scroll up and down to make comparisons. Would be really handy when editing drums and bass for example!!!!
By the way I want to thank you for the latest updates which are great improvements. The Multiband Compressor surely makes a big difference in the master effect chain.
Now that you've added such a great plugin, Maybe we'll see a vocal harmonizer some day!!???? :mrgreen:
Have a great day!!!
André
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Maybe we'll see a vocal harmonizer some day!!????

Now that would be a nice addition.

How about a VST rescan button. If I get a new vst during a session then I have to shutdown MTS and restart before it is recognised. (Or am I missing something? :oops: )
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

It does say in the manual to restart MTS after installing a new VST but I find MTS is fast to close and reopen so I'm not sure if that would speed things up and worth the effort of implementing a rescan button. I guess that would depend on how someone looks at it. Mr. Bremmer does a great job at making sure MTS keeps rocking so you never know, your rescan button might show after all!!! :wink:
dea

Post by dea »

It would be nice to be able to open an EQ for each track simultaneously.
With the advance of fancy EQs where the freq curve is displayed, it's nice to quickly see if one instrument is sitting on top of another. Great for quick-n-dirty separation of instruments.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Nice one :mrgreen:
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Bump

A map-able MIDI function that does exactly what F6 does (keyboard shortcuts).

Map-able CUT, DELETE, COPY, PASTE and UNDO MIDI functions.

"MIDI Out" message for the LEDs that are assigned to REW and FFWD buttons.
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

Being able to rename and change color of the group tracks would be nice
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I would like to see the track name window much wider so that long track names can be viewed. Even better, let the user determine the width of the window as an option parameter, there is so much free space on the right which could be sacrificed.
Saz

Post by Saz »

sinbad wrote:I would like to see the track name window much wider so that long track names can be viewed. Even better, let the user determine the width of the window as an option parameter, there is so much free space on the right which could be sacrificed.
+1
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Yes, a wider track name window would be very nice!

I would like the ability to route "group tracks" to "sub groups". That way I could add effects / mix certain instruments together in individual groups, then send them to a sub group with other groups / tracks to further mix them. Hopefully how I described that makes sense.

I think this would be handy, I don't think it can be done currently, if so I'm not sure how to do it. As it is now, the group tracks basically route directly to the "master". I mean you can add effects returns, but that isn't the same.

I'd also still like to see an MTS EQ with parametric abilities in the sub bass and high frequencies :mrgreen: . It currently only has parametric adjustments in the LO MID and HI MID; makes targeting certain frequencies outside that unpleasant. I LOVE the MTS EQ though and any others I've tried just weren't all that great, yes I've used others. MTS has some GREAT built in plug-in's and I hate not to use them for basic tasks, the MTS EQ is very nice otherwise.

Another edit: would also like to see a built in sinewave generator / instrument with adjustable frequency, decay, attack time, etc., it's quite handy for things and I think would be very useful to many. Other waveform options to select from would be nice as well, such as squarewave and triangle. Just nice to have stable instruments and this seems like a basic one to include in the built in MTS instruments.
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

1. Correctly phrase Midi Tempo/signature meta changes from midi file directly into Temp/Sig editor? Option to import or discard the info if need be.

2. Have an bunch of select buttons before each track meter to send the track to a dedicated output rather than use the drop down box thingy. Buttons calculated from the Song output assignment. The names of these outputs can't be renamed to mean anything either which could be cleaned up.
3. Have an option to make the meters smaller so can add more tracks to the screen. With all those Green and Yellow segments I'm getting sun burnt. :shock:
4. With midi tracks its a waste to have a full blown meter. I'd prefer a small led showing activity red goes green on midi data.. Option via the preference menu. "Midi status Led" or "Midi bar graph"