Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by Support »

iLove80's wrote:2. Have an bunch of select buttons before each track meter to send the track to a dedicated output rather than use the drop down box thingy. Buttons calculated from the Song output assignment. The names of these outputs can't be renamed to mean anything either which could be cleaned up.
It used to work like that until a couple of years ago. The problem is that it doesn't scale well: having 64 buttons isn't really handy.
iLove80's wrote:3. Have an option to make the meters smaller so can add more tracks to the screen. With all those Green and Yellow segments I'm getting sun burnt. :shock:
The meters are supposed to become smaller automatically if space is limited. You can see this if you make the main window smaller.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I wish there was an option to keep the comments window on top during playback and working. Float on top.
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

Could we have a entry in the 'Preferences' to enter a path to a hdr file to open a song on MTS start up?
Stop brining up a new song with dialog box saying interface is set to 48KHz and the song is 44.1Khz better still also add sampling preference to Preference menu.

Pretty Please. :D
Support

Post by Support »

iLove80's wrote:Could we have a entry in the 'Preferences' to enter a path to a hdr file to open a song on MTS start up?
Why not create a shortcut that passes the song as command line parameter?
iLove80's wrote:Stop brining up a new song with dialog box saying interface is set to 48KHz and the song is 44.1Khz better still also add sampling preference to Preference menu.
Sample rate for new songs can be set in the Song --> Properties window (click the Sample Rate box).

Giel Bremmers
steve64

Post by steve64 »

My updated wish list (in priority order):

* 64-bit macOS version

* keep GUI status (in HDR song file) of things like the visualization of chords
for each track, the zoom level, the state of Snap and Bars, which tracks are open or closed, etc.

* option to auto set in practice mode the focused track

* plugin manager (even simple) enabling only user-selected plugins to be shown in the slot menu

* easier metronome usage, avoiding click track; the current solution is powerful but it would be nice to have
also an alternate way based on just on/off button with fixed sound

* a bit wider color palette for tracks

* possibility of muting/unmuting selected MIDI notes
Support

Post by Support »

steve64 wrote:* possibility of muting/unmuting selected MIDI notes
Do you mean individual notes, or all notes of a certain pitch (eg. all C5 notes)?

Giel Bremmers
steve64

Post by steve64 »

Individual notes (or selected groups), but all notes of same pitch can be maybe useful for drums.

p.s. I have just updated in-place my wish list in previous post
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

dea wrote:It would be nice to be able to open an EQ for each track simultaneously.
With the advance of fancy EQs where the freq curve is displayed, it's nice to quickly see if one instrument is sitting on top of another. Great for quick-n-dirty separation of instruments.
+1
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

three things pop up immediately:

1. Multitrack Editor for Automation. So that we can copy/cut/paste all automation that is bound to a specific track at once and not one by one.

2. Extend hotkeys for VST Output mixer as well. So that the VST Output mixer behaves like the main page in terms of tabbing to the
next channel, opening plugins and so on. Would be great if the main window (or MTS internal plugin) key commands would work here as well.
At least some hotkey support would be nice here.

3. Solo/Mute per Midi stream and especially per Drum-Voice. The drum editor reminds me of Digital Performer and is in particular extremely
close to the one in Sagan Metro. Both of these have the ability to mute/solo individual drum voices which make editing and arranging programmed drums way much easier.

Thanks & best,
tL.
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

Support wrote:
steve64 wrote:* possibility of muting/unmuting selected MIDI notes
Do you mean individual notes, or all notes of a certain pitch (eg. all C5 notes)?

Giel Bremmers
+1 on *both* possibilities. I think that individual notes might be more important though as you then can use the drum editor
as a workaround to quickly select all notes of a certain pitch.
steve64

Post by steve64 »

It would be very helpful for me if the installation of the purchased release is packaged so that
admin rights (in the Windows case) are not required.
Support

Post by Support »

steve64 wrote:It would be very helpful for me if the installation of the purchased release is packaged so that
admin rights (in the Windows case) are not required.
Why are admin rights a problem for you?

An installer needs admin rights in order to be able to install in the C:\Program Files folder. So basically admin rights are required in order to play by the rules.

Giel Bremmers
steve64

Post by steve64 »

I agree in general, but I have a laptop for which I can not get admin rights.
Usually many applications provide an alternative way to install without admin rights, possibly in a different
location than C:\Program Files and avoiding any update of Windows registry.
I hope this is not a big issue to solve. MTStudio is a smart application for which you can probably provide
a zipped tree with the real .exe inside.

Thanks and regards,
Stefano
Saz

Post by Saz »

Dijon wrote:The one area IMO that still needs work is the VST folder. By that, I mean when you click the VST dropdown menu, all of your VSTs show up in one disorganized mess. Every other DAW nowadays - including the cheap ones - have some means to organize plugins (By category or whatever).

Or, am I missing some trick to group VSTs in the display? :?
Bump
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

Markers types during Playback

I'm wanting to loop a section of X bars continually.
I realise this can be done however needs to setup every time a song is loaded. Could the loop parameters be saved in the .hdr file for the song?

Back to my Markers,

Loop in Marker
Loop out Marker
Stop Marker

Loop in Marker. Set by remote midi command to active. Transport head passes into loop progression.
Loop out Marker. Again set by remote midi command to active. Once transport play head reaches marker, play head returns to Loop in Marker. Cycle continue until..
Loop out marker is reset* to allow transport play head to advance past the marker. *Reset = receive midi command to deactivate the loop out marker.

Stop marker. Simply stops playback once reached. Space bar or receive midi play to begin transport again.

These markers positions are stored in the .hdr file for each song.

No sure if there are others likening to play loops? I'd more than happily uses these to the fullest potential.

:D