Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by Robomusic »

As far as a Ipad app for control try spalshtop it works great on my system. Set it up on the host, and down load the app (free for local Lan) and you can control any program on the host computer from anywhere in the local network. http://www.splashtop.com/home

I believe it is android as well
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

It would be a great help when using automation if you could grab the bottom of the automation window and stretch it the same way you can with the track editors, this would allow for easier and more precise automation editing.

It would also be nice if when the mouse cursor was placed over an effect send control if the current value of that control was displayed in the pop up window as well as down next to the garbage bin in the same way that the channel volume fader and pan control values are, that makes adjusting the controls a snap.
valiant

Post by valiant »

It's a bit fiddly trying to rotate the pan knobs precisely with the mouse because the knobs (and the writing underneath) are so small. So it's easier to use the Alt-P combination to get the panning value. Why not have a similar key combination to enter a value for the varispeed "speed only" knob position?
Support

Post by Support »

valiant wrote:It's a bit fiddly trying to rotate the pan knobs precisely with the mouse because the knobs (and the writing underneath) are so small. So it's easier to use the Alt-P combination to get the panning value. Why not have a similar key combination to enter a value for the varispeed "speed only" knob position?
If you keep the Ctrl key down while clicking a round knob you can type a value.

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I'm still dreaming about the possibility to route the midi output from the MIDIGuitar vst version (or any other track output ) to a separate track like you can in reaper. :)
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:I'm still dreaming about the possibility to route the midi output from the MIDIGuitar vst version (or any other track output ) to a separate track like you can in reaper. :)
Could you elaborate on what you want exactly? It's not clear to me which tracks are recording and which ones are playing back. Do you want to hear synth sounds while playing the guitar? Or do you want to record the guitar first, and then play back the guitar track and record it as MIDI?

Giel
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I would like to be able to record the midi output of MIDIGuitar directly into a separate midi track. For instance have MIDIGuitar as a vst in track one and route the output of MIDIGuitar to track two and record it simultaneously. There would be timing issues I guess, but that could be realigned manually later. I hope that makes sense.
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:I would like to be able to record the midi output of MIDIGuitar directly into a separate midi track. For instance have MIDIGuitar as a vst in track one and route the output of MIDIGuitar to track two and record it simultaneously. There would be timing issues I guess, but that could be realigned manually later. I hope that makes sense.
OK, I'll look into that.

Giel
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

How about a "rescan" button for rescanning vst's while MTS is running.?
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

I use MTS in playback only with automation.
After playing a song the time line runs into oblivion and requires space bar to stop with press of HOME key to get back to the begining. This is appropriate for recording however an annoyance in playback.
In song list mode after midi or song tracks finish MTS does automatically loads up next song at the end of playback if the autorun is selected.

Would be advantageous if there was an additional global tick box in the preferrence window such as "Auto stop on playback" added and extra code which would allow MTS to auto stop playback time line at the end of audio or midi track?
Another idea would work would be to watch for maker called 'End' to instigate the stop feature?

Please Please!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I would love to be able to edit two or more tracks in automation having more than one automation view active. I want be able to line up the changes on the selected tracks so that I can do comping with more than one track. This doesn't need to be on the fly. I hope that makes sense. I want to be able to line up when one track starts and another stops without having to set multiple markers. If this is already possible, please show trick :mrgreen:
fran v

Post by fran v »

A Step sequencer

A huge market exists for dance music and imo the musicians working on electro/ambient are more than others.
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

- Please, please, make it easier to route VSTi multi-outs to the mixer, without requiring the user to utilize sidechaining. (No need to completely rewrite the code here - just "hide" the sidechaining process so that this common, simple task doesn't seem quite so difficult!).

- In a previous version of the manual, I could've sworn I saw a way to automate tempo gradually (like with an envelope -- say, a ramp line). Now, in the tempo editor, all I can see now are abrupt tempo changes using straight lines. (Admittedly, I'm new to this function, so I'd be thrilled to be pointed out wrong - and if using a ramp or curve envelope for tempo is possible).

JD
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Dijon wrote:- Please, please, make it easier to route VSTi multi-outs to the mixer, without requiring the user to utilize sidechaining. (No need to completely rewrite the code here - just "hide" the sidechaining process so that this common, simple task doesn't seem quite so difficult!).
+1
yes, because it is not practical to use the sidechains with de VSTi multi outs.

Thierry
firefly

Post by firefly »

If this has already been mentioned, forgive me. I wish MTS would allow multiple effects to be displayed at the same time to allow editing. For example, I use the side chain feature with the compressor all the time with the equalizer. I wish I could have the EQ and the compressor open at the same time so I could see them both working simultaneously and adjust either.

Can this be done already and I'm just not aware of it?