Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by Saz »

firefly wrote:If this has already been mentioned, forgive me. I wish MTS would allow multiple effects to be displayed at the same time to allow editing. For example, I use the side chain feature with the compressor all the time with the equalizer. I wish I could have the EQ and the compressor open at the same time so I could see them both working simultaneously and adjust either.

Can this be done already and I'm just not aware of it?
+1

Been asking for that too for several years now. There is a cumbersome workaround with 3rd party plugins if you have a plugin called Chainer. Load it in a slot, then load other plugins in it and it will let you open as many windows at once as you want. Of course it doesn't work with MTS effects.

Giel must see a downside we're not seeing.
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

How about a sort by name option in your songs. I know it sorts by most recently opened songs and you do have the search option. But for my live shows I have a cordless mouse to scroll through the songs because my lap top is out of reach and I cannot use the search option so if the songs were sorted by name it would just be a little easier to scroll through.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I wish we could edit the keyboard short cuts. So we could use our own.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

It would be great to automate faders of tracks and effect returns and once.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Keep the cycle choice active even after space bar stop.
rien

Post by rien »

uncle808us wrote:Keep the cycle choice active even after space bar stop.
I badly want that too !
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Also I would like to be able to hit the space bar for stop and have the thumb bar go automatically back to the bar it began on. Without having to press shift and spacebar,
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

uncle808us wrote:Also I would like to be able to hit the space bar for stop and have the thumb bar go automatically back to the bar it began on. Without having to press shift and spacebar,
That would be a draw back on other workflows I'm use too!
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

André Giroux wrote:
uncle808us wrote:Also I would like to be able to hit the space bar for stop and have the thumb bar go automatically back to the bar it began on. Without having to press shift and spacebar,
That would be a draw back on other workflows I'm use too!
Please explain. Thanks
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

If each time you press space bar to stop and transport returns to the last bar it started, what happens if you just want to start from that spot you just stopped at or backup a few bars or go to a specific spot back or forward. I'll be chasing transport every time if i need it at a different spot after hitting space bar. I think space+shift works just fine for that purpose.

That my opinion on that matter. I understand what your asking for so maybe have a separate single shortcut for that to happen. Space bar is usually stop and start in microsoft world. :wink:
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

OK I understand. Thanks.
iLove80's

Post by iLove80's »

I'm using MTSPro 7.4 for live stage work and have been for a couple years now.
Running on a Mac Mini with USB 8 port interface with midi.
I'm still a keen fan of midi for automation.

Request?
Is there anyway can add permanent song markers to allow stoping the transport automatically at the end of a song? Suggest END and BEGIN
The marker END would allow the transport to stop once reached at the end of a song.
Could have a tick box in preferences to select this function?
Currently during playback transport continually runs after reaching the end a midi or audio file? It's a pain having to add a midi event to output then midi merge back to the automation midi port to get the transport to stop and start not always works.

I'm using the bankselect program change midi automation to select a song.
How could we start the song once loaded to start for the purpose of sending all the midi patch info to digital mixer and synths then stop at the BEGIN marker ready for receiving start through automation?

Would be great.

I'll be upgrading to 7.5 shortly.

Great work Giel!!
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

djchris73 is the coolest producer using MTS
Transmit back to a controller the Position Indicator value.

So it can be displayed on the LED readout of a controller.

Sometimes, at my job, I have time to work on my music. Rather than bring in one of my hardware control surfaces, I use my iphone (with an app called miniyo-T) to control transport functionality on MTS. That's a pic above of it. It has the ability to receive time code and display it. But I don't think MTS is transmitting it.
Support

Post by Support »

It should work if you use HUI or MCU mode.

Giel Bremmers
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Support wrote:It should work if you use HUI or MCU mode.

Giel Bremmers
I use it in Mackie Control. Everything works but the display. It's weird because the transport status is transmitted back to my iPhone and displayed.