N-track user looking at MTS - struggling with a few things

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Kid Dutch

N-track user looking at MTS - struggling with a few things

Post by Kid Dutch »

I'm looking at MTS 'cause as much as I like N, it acts quirky - and though I have NEVER lost a project to N-track YET, it is making me increasingly nervous.

Ok - so let's say I have a two track project. 3 choruses of a tune. Say I wanna delete all but the 2nd chorus on track two and slide that to start at the beginning of the song. I know how to cut out the unwanted bits, but how do I slide the desired part to the left? It's prolly right in front of me but I'm strainin at it. ( searched the forum and didn't see such a discussion btw)

Thank,
Dutch
Saz

Re: N-track user looking at MTS - struggling with a few thin

Post by Saz »

Kid Dutch wrote:I know how to cut out the unwanted bits, but how do I slide the desired part to the left?
Just select the part you want to slide(start at the beginning or end and hold down on left mouse button and drag the cursor over it), grab the selected part(hold down on left mouse button while the cursor is over the selected part) and move it where you want.

The zoom function is helpful here to allow precise placement - and as long as the part is "selected"(and it stays that way until you change it), you can grab it and move it any time.
Kid Dutch

Thanks Saz

Post by Kid Dutch »

Thought I tried that before but perhaps I didn't have it properly selected. Got it now.

Now is there also a way to do a delete or cut in a track so that the remainder of the wave shifts to the left to fill in what was just cut out?
Saz

Re: Thanks Saz

Post by Saz »

Kid Dutch wrote:Now is there also a way to do a delete or cut in a track so that the remainder of the wave shifts to the left to fill in what was just cut out?
I'm not aware of an automatic function to do that - only the manual way.
Mac

Post by Mac »

When moving from one software that you know to a new one there will generally always be a period of time where things appear frustrating. Well, not just appear frustrating, it IS frustrating because we like our old habits and resist change. Good for survival, that, but not so good for us when we have to change anything in the studio.

Give it some time and keep working out with it is my advice.

And make new friends but keep the old. Never know.

If you haven't gone over to the MTS homepage and looked through all of the features, which are really just repeated in the manual, suggest you do that, it doesn't take long to go through them all and you just might pick up on a few things that you can use right away.

Good to see you over here, Mr. Dutch, you just may find that it is where you belong. (grin)

--Mac
Demto

Post by Demto »

I bought the 24 bit version of Ntrack about 9 months ago.

In my opinion Ntrack is crap. Its always crashing. Its unpredictable,
It has too many bells an whistles etc. Flavio is always adding bits to it
instead of once and for all getting to grips with the basic program and
sorting out its numerous problems. Just look at the number of problems
posted by its users. The problem pages are miles long.

I emailed him asking him to sort out the basics. Got no reply. Instead
he tacked on a 5.1 sound version. Great, even more problems.

You may think I am being crytical but in my opinion the first and most
important function of any program is that it must be stable.

I ditched Ntrack and bought the 24 bit version of Multitrack. It has been
good and reliable. Just compare the problem pages of the two programs.

Ditch Ntrack and buy Multitrack, thats my opinion.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I have owned N-T from the 3.3 version, and i have had nothing but issues with VSTis and samples, sometimes it just crashes, and locks up and it studders, and stammers, if you try to adjust anything. I give up.

I have had very few problems, with MTS, I will say twice recently MTS just closed, I mean instantly , no warning, the screen went from MTS to the wallpaper instantly. I do not know what caused it, it could be a bad VSTi, but i could not duplicate it, I was at the time using the beta version of Jamstix, so I might have done something to cause it. I do know thati have completed about 15 songs on MTS with no problems, and in record time. In N-T i always had problems that frustrated the heck out of me, and I have to admit I like the GUI of N-T better, but as a program it sucks.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Robomusic wrote: I was at the time using the beta version of Jamstix, so I might have done something to cause it.

Beta is beta for a reason, all bets are off when you use any beta software.

You should report that result to the right place, give 'em a list of exactly what you were doing in a row up to the crash.

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Yeah i need to get a report to Geil, but the pop up window for reports in MTS does not work with my outlook program. So i gotta sit down and hand type one today sometime.

Beta is beta, I know that, but i tell ya the beta of jamstix dropped the CPU usage on my system about 10 to 15 % so far.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Robomusic wrote:Yeah i need to get a report to Geil, but the pop up window for reports in MTS does not work with my outlook program. So i gotta sit down and hand type one today sometime.

Beta is beta, I know that, but i tell ya the beta of jamstix dropped the CPU usage on my system about 10 to 15 % so far.
Um, beg pardon, but I think any reporting might best be sent to the developers of the beta software in question, that's what beta testing is all about...

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

duh ya think! Me silly boy!!