Amplitude Live with MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
firefly

Amplitude Live with MTS

Post by firefly »

Hello out there - are any of you using Amplitude Live (guitar amp simulator software) with MTS? I got the thing free when I bought the 1010LT, but for the life of me I cannot get the thing to work. The information that came the program was limited to say the least, but it is supposed to work as a VST plug-in, but I cannot get the thing to install in MTS. Other VSTs have installed flawlessly but not Amplitude.

Usually these problems are just my own stupidity, and this is probably no different because as mentioned earlier I am somewhat digitally challenged (which is why I love MTS because even I can work it) but if any of you are using Amplitude Live with MTS then at least I know it will work.

Thank you for your time and expertise....firefly
Mac

Post by Mac »

I'm not using Amplitube Live, but there are certain generic things about VST/VSTi that we can address:

Can you "see" the Amplitube plugin when inside MTS?

Is Amplitube installed in the same VST folder as other VSTs that you can see when inside MTS? (If not, that would be the problem. You may have to reinstall Amplitube to that folder rather than a copy/paste solution, depending)

The MTS manual (which is repeated on the homepage as html links, handy, actually, at least I think so) can tell you what the default VST placement directory is.

Better answers can come from more specific item-by-item description of the problem if the above doesn't put you on the right track. "I click this and that opens and I can see the thing, but... " kind of description, step by step exactly what does or does not happen often yields clues that would be important to those in the know and can help solve a problem a lot faster. Saying, "I can't get it to work" or the like is far too generic. Pat answer would be, "plug it in". :lol:

HTH,

--Mac
firefly

Post by firefly »

Thanks, Mac, for your response...and yes I have read the manual on this one, and I'm sorry for not being more specific. Maybe this is a little more descriptive:

I have installed Amplitube into the MTS folder of VST effects; while it shows up when I open the folder, it does not appear when running MTS and attempting to open it as an effect if that makes any sense. It is not "listed" as even being in there when I "drop and drag" to insert an effect in a track, yet it is there when I open the folder.

Also, I have tried the "copy and paste" thing without success as well.

My attempts to contact the manufacturer of Amplitube have, so far, been unsuccessful. I have not contacted MTS which is possibly my next step. I was hoping to hear that someone else was using Amplitube and MTS together and could possibly tell me if this were a problem they had encountered, although I do appreciate the information, Mac.
Mac

Post by Mac »

I wouldn't hesitate to contact Geils through the MTS Support email directly with your problem.

Great guy, solves problems if he can.

Go for it.

--Mac
firefly

Post by firefly »

Just as a follow up for anyone who may have or had this same problem. From visiting other recording web-sites prior to purchasing MTS, I know that Amplitube is widely used.

The problem was with Amplitube. It appears that the product, or this version of the product, needed a "patch" in order to allow it to work with Windows XP. Once I contacted Amplitube over a series of e-mails and explained my problem, the problem was easily solved. I was able to download the patch and re-install.

It works great with MTS now in the VST folder. Just an FYI....