Midi notes not matching from Alesis to MTS.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
submission

Midi notes not matching from Alesis to MTS.

Post by submission »

It seems like all midi notes recorded fom my Alesis SR-16 to MTS are 2 steps heigher then what MTS recordes them.
ex. Alesis puts out a C5 note , MTS recordes a C3 note . Weird

Is there a way or setting that will convert all of this or is there somthing I overlooked in the settings pages between both units.

For now I had to manually change the notes comming from the alesis to match what I needed the sampler to read , like make a G#5 note a G#3 note so it records a G#5 note on MTS.

Out side of that it works great.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Sounds like a Midi Transpose has somehow been added to the data.

This could happen at either end, at least it can with my keyboard synths, not sure about your Alesis, once again you should check its manual for "transpose" options and make sure that any are set to default.

Also check the track settings inside MTS to see if you haven't inadvertently managed to toggle a transpose. Use "Misi Edit Control" to see the Transpose settings inside MTS. Even if it is at center I'd try resetting it. Alternatively you could simply bump it a few semitones either way to change all notes globally to the right place if all notes are offset by the same amount. -- Not a good fix IMO for it would be a bear to have to do that every time.

--Mac