No midi sound

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
cidbil

No midi sound

Post by cidbil »

Hi,
First of all after spending a year with ntrack, I finally got tired of all the bugs and decided to switch to MTS, and there ain't no going back. I love it!!

Now to the problem. I can't hear any midi sounds, or to be more specific I can't hear it on the box with the Delta 1010lt card. It works fine on my old HP with a soundblaster live card. So that makes me think it's a pc or sound card issue. I'm running win 98se on both machines. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
Mac

Post by Mac »

Unlike the Soundblaster cards, the Delta cards have no internal midi synth, only Midi In and Out ports.

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

So what you have to do is to right click in the midi port slo on the midi track and insert a VSTi synth, or the sampler and open a sound font in there.

It doesn ot work like N-T where you can ad one synt like sampletank and then route 16 channels of midi to it, you must add a synth to each track, while this takes a bit of getting use to, ultimately it allows you to be far more flexable, and allows one to be very precise in routing midi thru synths, then send and retun to the effects busses.
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

Thanks guys. :D I probably should have known this anyway, just got a little impatient since everything else was working so well for me.

Got another question. I have an old Yamaha QY10 hanging out somewhere. Would that be useful?

Bill
Mac

Post by Mac »

Save me the google searching, help us out here, what exactly is the QS-10 and what are it's functions?

Or do the google for us and put a link to its specifications here, from those a lot can be told quickly.

--Mac
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

oops! sorry. Here's a link. http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/_inc/sp ... nthid=1135

it's about the size of a vhs tape.

Bill
Mac

Post by Mac »

Looks to be a small (very small) 13 key with midi synth (small midi synth, too) in it, not GM compat but likely could be used as a Midi keyboard controller for certain tasks in MTS, like recording a bass line or a one hand organ part. Would likely work best with samples rather than trying to use its builtin sounds, unless you were looking for a retro sound or something.

hook it up and play with it, see what it does.

--Mac
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

but likely could be used as a Midi keyboard controller for certain tasks in MTS, like recording a bass line or a one hand organ part. Would likely work best with samples rather than trying to use its builtin sounds
Hey thanks Mac it works. :D It'll do for now until I can get something better.

Bill