looping playback

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
michi_mak

looping playback

Post by michi_mak »

hi to all!
i'm new to mts and just playing around with the demo. it's fast to do some music but i can't find any hint on looping parts for continuos playback?!?
i'm more into doing midi and softsynths and for programming drums i really would need to loop a bar ( or more ) to finetune the drumparts.
any help would be appreciated - i'm really thinking of buying mts!!
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

MTS does not have a looping tool, it was a feature I suggested on this upgrade, but not one that got on the agenda. I use Acid Pro 3.0 as my loop tool it is killer at that type of work. and I leave MTS to do the midi and tracking jobs.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Acid is a very good tool for the purpose, also a grand way to get great drum parts that use real drummers playing real drums in an excellent studio recording situation if you purchase a couple of Drum Loop CDs. Get those drum parts, riffs and loops down in nothing flat by auditioning, dragging and dropping onto the timeline with Acid. Then export the Drum Track to your project in MTS.

You don't need to step up to the latest version of Acid and its expense to use it like that, either, any version from 3 to 5 will do it, meaning you might be able to purchase a used copy, check ebay.

I'm currently using Acid Pro 5, Acid Pro 6.0 is about to be released, don't know if I'll upgrade yet or not, the new release seems to be all about adding multitrack recording to the list of features, time will tell if it works well or is turning into a Swiss Army Knife kinda thing.

But if you are into loops, you should add a good Loop based software to your arsenal, and frankly there is nothing better than Acid for that IMO.

(There is also a less expensive solution called Fruity Loops, I have no personal experience with that one but know that many are using it. )

--Mac