My special problem - does Multitrackstudio solve it?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Antonio

Post by Antonio »

:) thank you Mac

I have now Windows XT. But the guy who installed it, made a partition in my HDD for the rec software and windows of 40 GB on "C"
and the rest 120 GB on "D"
he said for tracks which are ready and for storage. When I want to work on it again, I should load it into "C" again.
I didn?t want to argue with him, but is this clever? He said he mst install everything new, if I want a change. I thought just ONE partition is better!
So if it?s realy necessary I would ask another friend to change it. For your remembrance, all on this PC is for recording.
I do not want big softsynth libraries at the first place cause of my hardsyth. But, if strongly recommended I would install a second HDD.
Correction:
I have only a 2.2 Ghz CPU
just 512 MB

As I would start my recordings with MIDI and hardsynth?s I will upgrade in about a year, when it?s necessary than. Than everything went cheaper and I?ll get 2 GB for the money today on 1 GB ram. (cant install additonal ram to my 512, have to replace it)

cheers
Antonio :D
submission

Post by submission »

I have heard both good and bad about partitioning hard drives,
As far as I know it really depends on the type and make of hard drive that will make the differance(maby)

Go here Boot Disk

Look there or Link to where you need helpfrom there .
Its a place a lot of people who work on PCs for a living go to for assistance.