Tape Type Monitoring

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
André Giroux

Tape Type Monitoring

Post by André Giroux »

Hey guys,
Did anyone manage to get the Tape Type Monitoring working without any delay in the output? If so how did you get it to work? It would be great if I could get this feature running flawless. I could get rid of some gadgets and wires. Anyone with ideas on how this Tape Type Monitoring works?

Thanks
Andr
Mac

Post by Mac »

First, are you using ASIO drivers?
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hi Mac,
Yes I'm using ASIO drivers @ 24 bits
Mac

Post by Mac »

From the MTS manual:
It is not recommended to use this feature as a means of monitoring the signal you're recording, as there is an inherent latency between the input and the output signal. (emphasis added) Using a low latency will increase the risk of glitches in the recordings. All these problems can be avoided by using an analog mixer to mix the soundcard's input and output signals. Some soundcards have an onboard mixer.
If you are looking for Live monitoring of effects, this may answer your question.

I'm currently using an EMU 1616M soundcard, the EMU stuff is neat in that it can run VST/VSTi in realtime using its own internal processor, you can monitor them as you play. The 1616 is a laptop solution, the 1212 and 1820 models are PCI cards for desktop. The "M" suffix gets you the Mastering Grade A to D and D to A convertors, sonic heaven. Check 'em out at http://www.emu.com

--Mac
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

I did read that quote. I was just hoping for a way of getting around it. I'll stick to my pile of wires and effect rack for now. Its not a big issue for my recording since MTS does everything that I need the way I'm setup now. I was just trying to clear some wires and room without spending any money.

It sure is good to have you in this forum. Your help is well appreciated :)

Thanks for responding Mac