Anyone using jamstix?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

Anyone using jamstix?

Post by sinbad »

If so can somebody give me an idea how to set it up for mts? I haven't a clue how to start.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Anybody out there?? It's very quiet on this forum, everybody out making music I guess. I'm still trying to gat Jamstix to work with no success. :?
I think I have even managed to ruin some audio files in the process. :(
Robomusic - i have used the demo version of JS with MTS and it works very well.
How did you do it?

Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can get it running - robomusic ??

Where's the best place to locate the jamstix files?
Where do I insert audio8 and jamstix?
tmon

Post by tmon »

Well, I'm watching this thread, as I would be interested in jamstix and MTS too!
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

As far as the audio i am a bit shakey there, as i use Jamstix with midi for the most part. I have ran it as a VSTi on both existing midi drum tracks and with a simple click track. It does have one irritating feature with MTS, it does not shut down after a song ends. I am trying to figure that one out right now, but i do like the program alot. I did use it with an audio track once and if i remember i placed the audio8 thingy in the effects slot on the audio track and opend jamstix as a VST in another track and it worked but i can not be sure it was just messing around and a while back.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

robomusic
here's a reply I got from Giel on the subject
Mmm, to be honest I've not been able to wrap my brain around Jamstix yet ;-)
But I know people use it, the only problem is that the Jamstix transport keeps running, even though the MultitrackStudio transport is stopped. You can avoid this by turning of "Activate synth on popup" in the Studio-->Preferences window.
thanks for the info, I'll try again as soon as I have time. I think I screwed something up by moving files around so I'll reinstall jamstix in the mts vst folder and try again.
Mac

Post by Mac »

See?

That's a good sign -- Geils is on it, I bet is on his list.

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

The problem i found is that if you turn that feature off then Jamstix does not reset when you stop, and it starts from where it left off making it out of sync with MTS. but i found a work around, just place an intro where you start, and an ending where you want to stop and it will do what you want audibly anyway, the trans port continues until you hit start on MTS and it resets.