Questions about Hardware. Known issues with VSTi?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
renatuscartesius

Questions about Hardware. Known issues with VSTi?

Post by renatuscartesius »

Hello!

I'm planning a new audio workstation at the moment. Which CPU would you recommend? Should I go the AMD way AMD FX-9370 8x @4,4GHz or AMD FX-9590 8x @4,7Ghz or should I go the Intel way Intel Core i7 4790S 4x @3.20GHz or Intel Core i7 4790K 4x @4.00GHz (both are socket 1150)? Does it really matter which CPU I take? Are eight real cores more useful instead of 4 cores plus hyper threading? RAM will be at least 16 GB or 32 GB. Plus one SSD for pure audio usage. Does the main board matter (actual I plan to buy a upper class motherboard)?

Also I'm thinking about buying Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate. Are there any known issues/compatibility problems with this VSTi package and Kontakt 5 at all?

Any help/ideas and recommendations are much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Ah, I found a small error on the multitrackstudio.com page (http://www.multitrackstudio.com/requirements.php) at CPU power:
... The Pro Plus edition's Guitar Amp requires a lot of CPU power too, a 1 MHz CPU is recommended. ... I think 1 MHz should be 1 GHz? :)
Support

Re: Questions about Hardware. Known issues with VSTi?

Post by Support »

renatuscartesius wrote:Does the main board matter?
The worst thing that can happen with a Windows PC is some chip or driver causing audio glitches which you may not be able to get rid of. I recommend googling the mainboard you're considering and make sure people use it successfully for DAW purposes.
renatuscartesius wrote:Also I'm thinking about buying Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate. Are there any known issues/compatibility problems with this VSTi package and Kontakt 5 at all?
I'm not aware of any issues.
renatuscartesius wrote:I think 1 MHz should be 1 GHz? :)
Haha, thanks!

Giel Bremmers
renatuscartesius

You're welcome ;-)

Allright, thank you for your reply! Anything special to know about AMD or INTEL CPU?
Support

Post by Support »

renatuscartesius wrote:Anything special to know about AMD or INTEL CPU?
No, that doesn't really make a difference.

Giel Bremmers
firefly

Post by firefly »

If it helps, I've been using AMD processors for years with no problems with MTS. MTS has always worked flawlessly for me.
renatuscartesius

So after a lot of research and internet research I've bought a new DAW.

I'm running an i7-4790K with 16 GB ram on a Plextor M.2 PCIe SSD. MultitrackStudio is fast as hell ;) Additional I'm started working with Komplete 10 Ultimate and Komplete Kontrol S61 by Native Instruments. The integration of this huge library with the external controller in MultitrackStudio works without any issues! Great thing! :)

Thanks for your support :)

Another question, is there any autosave feature in MultitrackStudio?