GUI change?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
rsrockinron

GUI change?

Post by rsrockinron »

Would moving the edit buttons to the left of the fader slides or the instrument buttons be more useful to any one else but me. It would keep all your mouse movements to a minimum. When working with 15 tracks, I find myself always opening the wrong tracks a few times before I hit on the right one. All your work is being done on the left half of the window except for opening the edit button. Or maybe all the track label buttons could be locked to the color of the track labels. Make any sense? Your thoughts?
sinbad

Re: GUI change?

Post by sinbad »

Good idea. And while Giel is about it how about making the file name window bigger. :D
Support

Post by Support »

You're probably using a large screen, so the distance between the level meter and the Edit button is large. That's an interesting issue indeed.

Here are a couple of ideas which may help for now:

- You can make the window smaller.
- You can scale the user interface so everything gets larger. See the Size setting in the Preferences window.
- If you're on Windows you can press Alt+D to open a track's editor. This works on the currently focused track, that's the one with the dot on the left.

Giel Bremmers
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

Alt -D works. Now you just made me get up and walk to the laptop. I am one of the laziest guy in the world. Thanks for the tip.