Using MTS with MIDI controller & Novation Automap

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
picknight

Using MTS with MIDI controller & Novation Automap

Post by picknight »

Has anyone had much success integrating MTS with a MIDI Control Surface?

I have just bought a Novation Zero SL MkII and I have had some success using HUI mode in conjunction with Novation's bundled Automap software to control most of the mixer channel parameters (FADER, PAN, MUTE, SOLO) and transport controls. However, I can't seem to get full two-way communication going so that the controller's buttons light when the relevant parameter is set (e.g. when clicking a channel MUTE, the equivalent button on the control surface doesn't illuminate, so you can't see which channels are muted just by looking at the controller). This does work when using the controller with Reason (Automap comes pre-configured work out-of-the-box with most DAWs, but unfortunately not MTS). Automap also only seems to provide a very limited set of parameters to map the controls to.

The alternative might be to disable the Automap server on the PC and use "advanced mode" to code all the controls directly - just thought I would ask if anyone has tried this before I dig into the user manual.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Support

Re: Using MTS with MIDI controller & Novation Automap

Post by Support »

picknight wrote:(e.g. when clicking a channel MUTE, the equivalent button on the control surface doesn't illuminate
This should work. Note that the control surface MIDI devices should NOT be selected in the Studio --> Devices --> Select Devices window.

Please send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php) if you can't get it to work, so I can see your settings.

Giel Bremmers