Need help! Can't get my midi keyboard to work :(

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
MissCDB

Need help! Can't get my midi keyboard to work :(

Post by MissCDB »

I am a newb at midi and could really use some help. I have a CME 25 key USB midi controller. My laptop is reading the controller, but Multitrackstudio is not reading the controller. I have tried seemingly every configuration in the devices menu. Its not showing up as an option in the devices menu. I have tried with the record enabled. I have no sound from my CME at all. I have recorded a track/have sound without the midi controller (using the computer mouse/keys), but cannot get my controller to work.

I have installed Multitrackstudio lite 32 bit, as I want to try it out for a bit before purchasing.

I have an Acer Aspire V5 laptop.

I'd greatly appreciate anyones help getting me rolling with this program.

Thanks!
Support

Re: Need help! Can't get my midi keyboard to work :(

Post by Support »

Have you tried restarting the computer?

If that doesn't help please connect the keyboard, then start MultitrackStudio and send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php), so I have more information.

Giel Bremmers
MissCDB

Post by MissCDB »

Hello, Giel.
Thank you for your response. I've emailed you a report as the restart did not help.
MissCDB

Post by MissCDB »

****UPDATE****

Somehow, miraculously, I've figured out that I needed to install a sound driver. I did so within seconds and now I HAVE SOUND! Yay! (Told ya I was a newb.) Thank you for your response. I hope this post might help someone else starting out.
Support

Post by Support »

That's great!

Giel Bremmers