Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

Windows 10

Post by Saz »

Any news worth reporting? :)
Support

Re: Windows 10

Post by Support »

I tried MultitrackStudio with a very recent Windows 10 version, and it seemed to work fine. Windows 10 itself, running on an old tablet, appeared to be REALLY buggy. And it's just 7 weeks before launch.... :?

Giel Bremmers
dea

Post by dea »

I just upgraded to Windows 10 64bit and running MultitrackStudio 64bit. I've only done a few MIDI items at this point; breaking up a multi stream midi track into individual tracks per instrument and adding a VST for that instrument and an EQ following. I know I'm not taxing anything at this point, but I've seen zero glitches.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks for the reports!
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

I installed Windows 10 (64-bit) over the weekend. I noticed a few issues with MTS.

I was running Windows 7 before. If my mixer was connected (USB) and turned on, when I fired up MTS, it functioned as the sound card. (Peavey PV8 USB) and all worked fine. If the mixer was not connected, the sound card on my laptop (Toshiba) did the job.

With Windows 10, it seems I can only use MTS with the mixer connected. If the mixer is not connected, everything starts normally, but when I go to play or record, I get the following error message:

"The selected audio/MIDI devices cannot playback or record these tracks"

I get a selection box inside this pop-up to select drivers. Windows is already selected for audio driver.

I notice that all the tracks on the project are de-selected when this error pop-up occurs (play buttons), so, I went through and activated all of them, but still get the same error message.

Any thoughts?

Fred
Saz

Post by Saz »

Ladegn wrote: I get a selection box inside this pop-up to select drivers. Windows is already selected for audio driver.
Is there an option to select an ASIO driver?
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

Yes.
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

I tried selecting it from the MTS Menu, but the same issues arose. I am thinking there is some setting on the computer that needs tweaking?
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Just a thought! Have a look on Toshiba's support site, they might have an updated driver for windows 10 already for your Toshiba model. I know that did the trick for a few years back with vista on issues I had. Hope that helps!!
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

Thanks, Andre', I will give that a try. My Toshiba has the hard drive protection, which is now disabled after the Windows 10 install and I cannot seem to activate it. So, I will check out what updates they have. Will advise.

Fred
Support

Post by Support »

Ladegn wrote:Windows is already selected for audio driver.
Did you click the Select Devices button and pick the audio out device you want to use?

Giel Bremmers
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

Giel,

I selected "default" for audio out. Did not work. My other choices were "none" and "Speakers - High Definition Audio Device". Tried the speakers, did not work.

I did check Toshiba's site and there are no new drivers for my computer.

Other programs like Media Player and whatever the new Windows 10 player is work fine.

And as mentioned, when my PV8 USB Mixer is plugged in, everything works fine with MTS. But that mixer takes over as the sound card. It shows up under devices when it is on, otherwise it does not.

I would post screen shots, but I don't know how to post images here.

Fred
Support

Post by Support »

Please try playing back over the laptop sound device again, and then send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php). It should tell me why the audio device won't work.

Giel Bremmers
Ladegn

Post by Ladegn »

Just sent it. Thanks, Giel.

Fred
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. The audio driver doesn't like the current latency setting, which is really low. Please go to the Studio menu's Devices window and click the Select Devices button. Now set Latency to 12 and click OK.

Giel Bremmers