I mistakenly renamed songs in file explorer...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Old Folklore

I mistakenly renamed songs in file explorer...

Post by Old Folklore »

...rather than in MT Studio, and now MTStudio doesn't see them - I screwed up ! ! ! Is there an easy fix to this?
Support

Re: I mistakenly renamed songs in file explorer...

Post by Support »

You can use the Song menu's 'Open' option and browse for the song.

Giel Bremmers
Old Folklore

Post by Old Folklore »

Thanks, Giel - but that is exactly where all the 40 or more songs that I renamed in File Explorer not longer show up, either with their original names (like "Song 35") or with their new names (like "Take It Back"). It's like, as far as MTStudio is concerned, those 40 or more songs no longer exist.

I'd like to be able to get at them thru MTStudio as I often make changes, edits.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious? - it wouldn't be the first time ! ! !
Support

Post by Support »

Look like you removed the '.hdr' file extension. In that case you'll have to rename the files again, so they're like 'Take it back.hdr' etc.

Giel Bremmers
Old Folklore

Post by Old Folklore »

Thanks Giel -

I've looked at many of the "lost" songs in File Explorer to try to find a pattern of what happened, but as yet I don't see one.

What I did that caused this issue was to simply rename the members in Documents/MultitrackStudio Song/membername, where membername was for example like "Song 35" - renamed to "Take it Back" - only renamed the member that contains all the multitrack studio files.

Also, as a possible solution, is there a way to "import" a .wav file into MTStudio - that could be a way for me to get back what I've lost in MTStudio.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Aimé
Support

Post by Support »

Did you really try the Song menu's 'Open' option?

Please click the Song button, and then click the 'Open...' item. That's the second item from the menu. Now a new window appears, this one looks similar to the file explorer. You can browse for one of your songs and then open it. From now on this song will appear in the Song menu again, just like it used to.

Giel Bremmers
Old Folklore

Post by Old Folklore »

Oh My Gawd ! ! ! There they all are ! ! ! What I had done was just clicked "open" and all that was there was the last song I had done. This time I clicked on "multitrackstudio", and Voila ! ! ! It would I had freaked out before looking a bit more carefully.

Thanks so much, Giel.

p.s. a great product that even a muttonhead like me can use ! ! !