Lengthen cycle by dragging marker

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Lengthen cycle by dragging marker

Post by uncle808us »

It would be nice to lengthen, extend the cycle length by dragging the end cycle marker in the track. While track is playing or stopped.
rsrockinron

Re: Lengthen cycle by dragging marker

Post by rsrockinron »

I don't know if I explain this right but what works for me is that I open any tracks editor. Then I select what bars I want to cycle by left click mouse at the start pont and drag for as many measures as I want to cycle. Then press F6. This will then keep cycling over and over until I stop the transport or hit the space bar, I f I want to add or delete bars just grab the end point left click mouse and drag left or right and then hit F6 to start cycling again
uncle808us

Re: Lengthen cycle by dragging marker

Post by uncle808us »

rsrockinron wrote:I don't know if I explain this right but what works for me is that I open any tracks editor. Then I select what bars I want to cycle by left click mouse at the start pont and drag for as many measures as I want to cycle. Then press F6. This will then keep cycling over and over until I stop the transport or hit the space bar, I f I want to add or delete bars just grab the end point left click mouse and drag left or right and then hit F6 to start cycling again
Yes that does work but then when you enter notes the selection goes away so...
What I am doing now is drag thumb to the cycle start hit F7 then drag to cycle end hit F8 then C +space bar.(to play cycled area) drag thumb to next cycle point hit F8 then C=Spacebar etc.
Haven't got to the iPad yet but this works on my Mac. I'll post here when and if I figure out a technique.
Thanks for the help rsrockinron.