Start & Stop Shortcut (Spacebar) problem

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
renatuscartesius

Start & Stop Shortcut (Spacebar) problem

Post by renatuscartesius »

Hello,

I've got a simple problem, if I'm in a VSTi (which means the focus is in the VSTi) the shortcut for start/stop doesn't work even if i click in the main window the shortcut doesn't work. In the manual there's statet: "These shortcuts work in the main window, effect/instrument windows and editor windows". Did I miss a config option? I really would like to have some important shortcuts available everywhere and I wouldn't mind if MTStudio overwrite some VSTi shortcuts (e.g. spacebar). Additional information, if I'm inside a VST plugin the shortcut to start play it works.

It would be okay, if the VSTi window remains open if I click on Play, but it gets closed. Is it possible to fix the focus "issue"? And additionally would it be possible to "pin" or set a VSTi (or VST) to stay permanent in the foreground?

Thanks and keep on making this great DAW :)
Support

Re: Start & Stop Shortcut (Spacebar) problem

Post by Support »

If a VST plugin captures keyboard focus you can click the righthand part of the VST window (where the OK button is etc.) to move keyboard focus back to MultitrackStudio.
renatuscartesius wrote:It would be okay, if the VSTi window remains open if I click on Play, but it gets closed.
Which VSTi are you using? I've never seen that happen.

Giel Bremmers
renatuscartesius

Support wrote:If a VST plugin captures keyboard focus you can click the righthand part of the VST window (where the OK button is etc.) to move keyboard focus back to MultitrackStudio.
Ah I see! I will try that and will give feedback if this works with in example BIAS_FX or Guitar Rig.
Support wrote:Which VSTi are you using? I've never seen that happen.
I'm using Native Instruments Komplete Suite and standalone VSTi like FM8, Absynth. If Komplete Kontrol VSTi is open and the build in on screen piano is used, I also cannot play with my keyboard keys (y,x,v,b, ...) to try out sounds in example.
renatuscartesius

renatuscartesius wrote:
Support wrote:If a VST plugin captures keyboard focus you can click the righthand part of the VST window (where the OK button is etc.) to move keyboard focus back to MultitrackStudio.
Ah I see! I will try that and will give feedback if this works with in example BIAS_FX or Guitar Rig.
You were right, if I click in the righthanded part of the VST window the focus gets back to MTStudio and I'm able to use spacebar in example. But I've found a decent workaround for the focus "issues" :) I'm using Webbrowser (Tablet) remote control with an old tablet. Setting cycle start/end, cycle playback, record, playback is done by tablet which means the VSTi can be opened all the time and the focus issue doesn't care anymore longer :)

I'm dreaming of a MTStudio Mixer Android App for my second tablet... ;)
Support

Post by Support »

renatuscartesius wrote:I'm using Webbrowser (Tablet) remote control with an old tablet. Setting cycle start/end, cycle playback, record, playback is done by tablet which means the VSTi can be opened all the time and the focus issue doesn't care anymore longer :)
Clever!

Giel Bremmers
renatuscartesius

Support wrote:Clever!

Giel Bremmers
Thank you :-)

By the way, I'm curious about the integration of the Mackie protocol? I'm thinking about buying an used Mackie Control Universal Pro. Is it fully usable with MTStudio via USB? Does the display showing the names of the tracks in example? Is it possible to access more then 8 tracks with the scrolling option of the MCU Pro unit? Is it possible to use an additional Control XT Pro? Because with such a unit I do not need any more workarounds and a "real" mixer like other audiosoftware includes :)
Support

Post by Support »

renatuscartesius wrote:Is it fully usable with MTStudio via USB?
More or less. The mixer part is, but some of the other buttons don't have corresponding features in MultitrackStudio
The Studio menu's Remote Control window can tell you what's supported. Load the MCY preset, and then click the Info button.
renatuscartesius wrote:Does the display showing the names of the tracks in example? Is it possible to access more then 8 tracks with the scrolling option of the MCU Pro unit?

2x Yes
renatuscartesius wrote:Is it possible to use an additional Control XT Pro?:)

No, only one control surface can be used at a time.
renatuscartesius wrote:Because with such a unit I do not need any more workarounds and a "real" mixer like other audiosoftware includes :)
What problems do you have with the MultitrackStudio mixer features? It's rotated 90 degrees, is that the problem?

Giel Bremmers
renatuscartesius

Support wrote:
renatuscartesius wrote:Because with such a unit I do not need any more workarounds and a "real" mixer like other audiosoftware includes :)
What problems do you have with the MultitrackStudio mixer features? It's rotated 90 degrees, is that the problem?

Giel Bremmers
Yes, that's a problem. I really love working with MultitrackStudio and I can do everything I want to do with it but mixing is really a problem. The rotated mixers and VU meters are really uncomfortable if you're using more then 20-40 tracks in a song. (And yes, I'm using Groups, Colors and so on...) But a mixer (separate faders and vu meters per track) like in adobe audition, cubase in example would be the best solution for my needs. Thats why I'm thinking about Mackie Control Universal Pro in example.
renatuscartesius

Here's a picture of my audio workplace:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j3qDuW ... sp=sharing

On this picture I'm working on my newest song which will be published within the next month on "Music recorded using MultitrackStudio"
rien

Post by rien »

renatuscartesius wrote:I'm dreaming of a MTStudio Mixer Android App for my second tablet... ;)
i had quite some success using TouchDAW (http://www.humatic.de/htools/touchdaw/): i was able to control most of the mixer but had some minor problems with the transport.

TouchDAW was connected to MTS through WiFi using their RTP-Midi gateway. it required a bit of fiddling with the settings of TouchDAW, and some hair-splitting for the RTP-Midi gateway to connect properly. it seems TouchDAW now supports USB, which would simplify the setup.