what are the different editions/versions now called?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
DoctorWu

what are the different editions/versions now called?

Post by DoctorWu »

I am confused as to the names of the different versions of MTS. I beleive I started with MTS Professional 7.1 in fall of 2012, then in 2013 upgradeded to 7.5 MTS Professional, which must have been after i was emailed by MTS about in on 28 OCT 2013. Then I think MTS Professional was what the cheapest version was called and there was a Pro-PLus verison that was the best. I need the version/edition that will allow me to draw volume curves acrosss a track.

I just visited several website of yours and one of them mentioned a new naming system for the MTS software. I cant find my way back to that site now but I think it said MTS Professional was now called MTS Standand and the MTS PRO PLus version is now just called, what, MTS PRO? NO more Pro PLus?

I ask because I want to get the latest and greatest version, and am willing to pay for it, just want to make sure I pay for the correct edition and version.

WHen I check my help/about I see:

Begin about box text:
MultitrackStudio
Bremmer Audio Design

licensed to:
My Name

Professional editon (64-bit) version 7.5
COpyright 2001-2013 Bremmers Audio Design

then the info on VST ASIO DRAC
(im not typing all this)
(End about box)

MY confusion arises over owning a product called MultitrackStudio Professional and being sent an upgrade link with the word "standard" in it.

AM I totally insane, (which would not surprise me) or am I making any sense?

What are the steps I must take to get the highest, latest, biggest (Insert preffered descriptive term here) edition and version? DO I still get a discount, i.e $55 US dollars for the best MTS?

Sorry I can not speak and write in your language, I appreceiate your pogramming skills AND your language skills!

William Parker, in Washington State, USA
Support

Re: what are the different editions/versions now called?

Post by Support »

The naming thing is explained here: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/support.php (3rd question).

The Pro edition features automation (*). Upgrading to that one costs $55, there's no discount on this.
Upgrading the the latest version of the Standard edition costs $11.50 until tomorrow (50% off).

(*) Note that your current version features the Automated Fader effect, in which you can draw volume envelopes.

Giel Bremmers
DoctorWu

Re: what are the different editions/versions now called?

Post by DoctorWu »

Thanks Giels, sorry for bothering you with these semi-stupid questions, but age and medical issues have reduce my cognitive abilities. I finally figured it out and deciding to go ahead a buy full version, which I look forward to using.

I've been using the lesser edition since 2012 and love its geometrically precise layout compared to the floating tracks channels and mixers of myt previous DAW N-Track. It was also an excellent product but after an update the mixers etc seemed to float around with a will of their own.

I then found your program and have stuck with it ever since. It is great to get real support here. As as ex-programmer from the 80's and 90's I feel real software support needs to come from the creator (or at least someone who fully understands the source code). At most modern corporations they hire someone for a project, then when he is done, they ask him to write a help file then lay him off. Then their support team is made of low wage workers reading from a flowchart, who have no real understanding of the program.

Thanks again fro writing such a fine and reasonably priced DAW.

Will Parker