Several q:s for pro version

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
analogsweden

Several q:s for pro version

Post by analogsweden »

Got the pro version and use it on a surface pro 1 with TranzPort controller, which is a pretty nice setup to avoid using a keyboard. I'm using hardware synths/fx input through a Focusrite Scarlett 18/8i I just love the live feedback scrubbing when using the pen, however there are some other stuff That holds back the workflow.

1. Can I assign undo to my undo button on the tranzport?

2. Is it possible to keep the rec armed after pressing stop? Its a bit annoying to have to activate 8 tracks every time I do a take. I'd really wish there was a master rec button as in cubase, ableton live etc.

For example, I have 8 inputs I want to record, I arm the tracks and press play to record. I decide to stop because of an error. Now I want to undo and make a new take with the 8 tracks, but I have to do this manually with all tracks and then rec arm them again. Please tell me Im doing something wrong.

3. ...which leads me to, how can I start a recording while play is on?

4. Can I add motorized fader support for mixing using the bcr2000 by editing the tranzport template, or is it only possible to have one control surface?
Support

Re: Several q:s for pro version

Post by Support »

analogsweden wrote:1. Can I assign undo to my undo button on the tranzport?
It's assigned to the 'current' track editors Undo button.
analogsweden wrote:2. Is it possible to keep the rec armed after pressing stop?
No. You could assigned a Transport button to the 'Re-Arm' action (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/control ... ttings.php), so you can use this button to re-arm the tracks again.
analogsweden wrote:3. ...which leads me to, how can I start a recording while play is on?
That isn't possible. You have to stop the transport first.
analogsweden wrote:4. Can I add motorized fader support for mixing using the bcr2000 by editing the tranzport template, or is it only possible to have one control surface?
There can be only one control surface at a time.

Giel Bremmers
analogsweden

Re: Several q:s for pro version

Post by analogsweden »

Thanks for your prompt response!

I guess I was looking for a single undo press for the recording, because eight tracks = eight undo presses. Unless there's a way to make a macro. Either way, I'm very impressed with the software so far, and the effects are REALLY good.