HELP Only two channels recording

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Larry D

HELP Only two channels recording

Post by Larry D »

I downloaded the standard version last Saturday. I went straight to a live gig and set up a session. I created and armed eight audio tracks but only two are recording. The tracks look as though they are armed, but the moment that I press the record button it defaults back to recording only two tracks. I can see that the six non recording tracks have a signal that is reaching the software, but the pop-up track meter shows no activity for the six tracks that are not recording. It is showing activity for the two tracks that are recording.

I recorded a three hour show and only got the two tracks out of ten. BIG PROBLEM.
André Giroux

Re: HELP Only two channels recording

Post by André Giroux »

Hi Larry,
You need the pro edition to record more than 2 tracks at once.
K-N-M

Re: HELP Only two channels recording

Post by K-N-M »

I have the Pro Plus (or Pro as it is called now) so I guess I just assumed the paid versions allowed this; I'll have to take note that only the Pro version allows multi-channel simultaneous recording.

I think a better comparison chart (or quick comparison chart) would be nice with check marks indicating included features for each version.

On the "buy now" page, the Standard version doesn't specifically state anything about multi-channel recording, but the Pro page does, so if you never clicked on Pro you "might" think the "unlimited track count" feature would allow this, if your unfamiliar with what the track count means.

With that said, the Pro edition is great and very powerful, well worth the upgrade if you like the program overall. It truly is worth the asking price, and you get free lifetime updates now. I've tried a few other DAW's, and MTS remains one of my favorite.