LST files

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

LST files

Post by sinbad »

Hi All,
I am cleaning up some files and came across a tune with .lst files in it. The manual states that they are the same as .aem files, which I can save as a .wav file. The .ist files won't do this and MTS says they are not supported. How can I save the last edit, or the sum of all edits as a wav file?
André Giroux

Re: LST files

Post by André Giroux »

I find the best way to cleanup files in MTS and not delete anything accidentally is as it's shown in the manual at the line Clean up Song Folder: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/songproperties.php Hope that helps!!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

That still leaves all the edit files, which I would like to get rid of and just have finalised wav files.
Support

Post by Support »

.lst files can't be saved as .wav files directly indeed. I think the .lst file turns into a .aem if you edit it. So you can delete a silent part, for example, and then save it as .wav.

.lst files have been replaced by .aem files in 2008 by the way.

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

lst files can't be saved as .wav files directly indeed. I think the .lst file turns into a .aem if you edit it. So you can delete a silent part, for example, and then save it as .wav.

They do, but when I try to save as wav I get a "Output file has wrong format, or it cannot be created" message. I copied the content of the aem file and saved it as a new wav file, but when I tried to overwrite the old wav file with this new file I got a "Output file has wrong format, or it cannot be created" message. :?

.lst files have been replaced by .aem files in 2008 by the way.

I am cleaning out some old files :mrgreen:
Support

Post by Support »

I looked at the code again, and it appears you actually can save .lst as .wav directly, just like you can with .aem.
sinbad wrote:but when I tried to overwrite the old wav file with this new file I got a "Output file has wrong format, or it cannot be created" message. :?
Perhaps the old wav file is read-only? You can check this with Windows Explorer. This can happen if you've copied the files from a CDR for example.

Giel
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

The old files are not read only. I tried it on another file where there is no wav original, and it worked, but if there is an original with content to overwrite, it won't work.
My files are 32bit, and I noticed that if I create a new file to save the aem file, then it seems to default to 24bit as the files are considerably smaller than the original, 47,281KB to 35,425KB.
I had an empty track1 (32bit) over which I saved an aem and that worked.
Support

Post by Support »

Are you using the track editor's EXPORT button? You're not supposed to do that (it would be weird if 'export' could overwrite the original files). You're supposed to click the track's file name box and choose Save As.

You should have seen a window that asks for the bit depth of the new file.

Giel
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I'm not using the Export button, only clicking the track name and "save as".
Support

Post by Support »

I don't see any problems with .aem files.

I recommend saving your .lst files to a different (.wav) file name. You can then delete the original .wav file and rename the new .wav file again.

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

That's what I did.. :mrgreen: