I apologize for being off topic, but...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Gigabyte

I apologize for being off topic, but...

Post by Gigabyte »

This post is not related to Multitrack Studio, or music recorded with it, like my previous ones.

This time I am kindly asking for help in finding out whose song is one that I have heard. I really tried hard but without luck :(

Hope you guys have watched David Gibson's video on Youtube titled "The Art of Mixing". Very interesting and conceptually very handful. Around 1 hour and 46 minutes he starts talking about styles of music that normally have main vocals stand out in the mix, like Middle of the Road, Folk, Big Band and Country music and he puts on a short example of each one of these styles. I liked very much the final Country music example, but like I mentioned, I was unable to discover which song is that.

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

I would be very greatful if someone could be so kind to take the time to watch that part and reveal this mystery to me :D

Thanks,

Gig
Dijon

Re: I apologize for being off topic, but...

Post by Dijon »

That's definitely from the 90s! I think I watched this at one time - still some good info there.

Anyway, it would help if you could give us the time stamp/location of your music example. The video is over 2 and a half hours long, so not exactly easy to browse through.
Gigabyte

Post by Gigabyte »

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, I know it's from the 90's. I was 27 years old then, but I don't remember hearing this song :(

I looked at the time line of the video and the song starts at 1h 47m 52s. It's a country song, female vocalyst and lyrics go something like this (or at least what I think I heard):

"... So, baby, just leave me and say goodbye,

Come on now, let me go, babe,
Come on baby now, let me go..."

Just put the cursor on the time line below the video at the point I mentioned above. You don't have to browse throughout the whole video to get there.

Thanks once again.
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

Well, I tried -- using a bunch of lyric search engines. 99% of the time, a song is fairly easy to find with just a small portion of lyric... This one just doesn't come up.

I suspect it's an unknown singer doing a self-written song and maybe was produced by Gibson himself. In any case, it's likely the song was never released on a wide scale.

If you want to continue the detective work, here's a good article on how to proceed:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute ... by-lyrics/

Though it might be easier to just contact David Gibson and ask him.

Good luck!
Gigabyte

Post by Gigabyte »

I did exactly the same as you before creating this topic. And after finding nothing, I came to the same conclusion. I am not really a big fan of country music, but I liked this one. Oh, well... :(

Thank you and thanks to anyone else who maybe also have tried to help :)

Best regards,

Gig
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

If you are a member of the PG Music (Band in a Box) you may try there. There are loads of "mature" country fans there.