MTS detunes keyboards

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
rsrockinron

MTS detunes keyboards

Post by rsrockinron »

When I open MTS it detunes my MOFX8 two semi tones. This just started to happen yesterday. I did not connect the problem with MTS at first because it is usually open most of the time I'm playing. I reset keyboard back to factory settings with no improvement. Thought maybe I had a stuck pitch controller. Was going to take the keyboard to shop to get it checked out today but I gave it a try today and was working fine. Okay, I thought. Opened up MTS to do some recording and keyboards went south ( down two semi-tones) Closed MTS and everything is back to normal again. Opened MTS and dropped down two semi-tones.

Did not do a complete uninstall and reinstall yet because I don't know if MTS is corrupt or one of the song files are bad. MTS keeps the song files for you so if it is in one of my song files it would probably come back. Any thoughts of what to do next. thanks in advance
Support

Re: MTS detunes keyboards

Post by Support »

Did you turn the Detune knob down? Please see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/externalmidi.php

Giel Bremmers
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

I did check a couple songs and did not find any midi instruments Detuned. Also I am not talking about one particular song. It happens the second that MTS opens. There is not even a song chosen, even if there is no external midi tracks in the song, (I cannot get the snipping tool to paste a screen shot) So I will describe what happens, I power up laptop> power up Yamaha> play keys and everything is fine>open MTS> (untitled - MTS song and in the instrument slot it says file name not opened) Keyboard is now detuned. Is there a universal detune button anywhere in Preferences that I'm not seeing. Anyway I close MTS and I am back to having keys play normal. I can hold down and sustain a note on the keys and open MTS and you can actually here the pitch drop the second it opens and return to normal when it closes. I have mTS on my home laptop that I do my mixing on that I'll take to the studio today to see if it does the same thing. I will let you know the outcome
Support

Post by Support »

Interesting. Please send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php), maybe there's something interesting in there.
rsrockinron wrote:I can hold down and sustain a note on the keys and open MTS and you can actually here the pitch drop the second it opens and return to normal when it closes.
That makes me think it's pitch bend messages doing that.

Giel Bremmers
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

Got your message a little late. I did a uninstall first with saving preferences and it still was detuning so then I uninstalled without saving preferences and it is fine now. If I run across it again I'll send a report. Thanks for your time
Support

Post by Support »

OK.

Did you fiddle with the Studio-->Remote Control settings recently? Some of the protocols send pitch bend messages (for volume faders). If you send make MTS send them to your keyboard it will detune.

Giel Bremmers
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

I could have very well done that ( not on purpose )