Vst Plugin Problem

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
gerryhatrick

Vst Plugin Problem

Post by gerryhatrick »

Good day folks. I am having a problem with a brilliant sounding string VST synth called SI-Strings. When I play it, it sounds perfect but when I playback after recording, the notes just become one long note. My friend, who gave me the plugin, uses it in Cakewalk and Cubase and it records perfectly. He uses the default settings, as do I. Any ideas? I am indeed, stumped as any other vst intruments I use record perfectly. Thanks in advance, Gerry.
Support

Re: Vst Plugin Problem

Post by Support »

Please send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php), so I can see what your settings are.

Giel Bremmers
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Thank you Giel. Can you let me know what I need to report? I really am inept at all the intricacies of home recording. I just plug in and hit record. I add one or two effects before mixing down and I am done. As I explained in a previous post, I was always used to soundfonts but my new soundcard no longer supports them so I've entered the world of vst synths at the age of 71. The SI-String is just the sound I am looking for and as I record it sounds great, the midi notes look as they should, but when I playback the notes all run into each other. I downloaded a demo of Garitan Personal Orchestra (30 Day Trial) and again exactly the same thing happens, yet if I record strings from MTS very own GM bank, they record fine. I have never tampered with MTS settings since the day I installed it and to be honest, this is the first time I have ever had any problem. That's why I love it, because an old codger like me gets exactly what he need from it. :D :D :D
Support

Post by Support »

MultitrackStudio creates the report, and you can send it via email. Please see the link I mentioned.

Giel Bremmers
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Thank you Giel, I have emailed you the report. Gerry.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. I don't see anything that could be causing these problems though. Your version of MultitrackStudio is 8 years old, that's really old!

Giel Bremmers
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Thanks Giel. MTS was the first software I ever bought because it was the first one I felt I could really get the hang of, and if it ain't broke...so I just stuck to the version I know and love. What I think I will try and do is use a very old version of Cubase 5 that I picked up about 5 years ago and try and record an audio rhythm track to keep me right and then record the VST strings that won't behave in MTS, record those onto an audio track file, and then import it into MTS and complete the track there in a "friendly" environment where I know what I'm doing. All the best, Gerry.
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

Gerry,
As a test, I would suggest downloading and installing the latest free Lite version, to see if it is able to play the SI-Strings VST.

If it plays without any problems, then you know the issue was fixed with a later version.

-Jon
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Good evening Dijon. You must be a mind reader :) . That's exactly what I did but I have the same problem with any vst synth I use. The notes play and record perfectly but on playback the first note runs into the second and so on. Unfortunately I have had to move to Reaper for the recording of this song, and in future, just not write any parts that require a vst synth as Reaper is only free for 60 days, plus I love MTS because I feel the most confident using it. I might have to buy another soundcard after Xmas that supports soundfonts because I know where I am and they always worked great in MTS. The song came out perfectly in Reaper. It was a christmas song, a bit of fun for my grandkids, and I got the desired response. :D So, it's all good. I really appreciate your reply. Thank you.
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

I don't know of any sound cards that have built in support for soundfonts (except for the old Creative Soundblaster of 15-20 years ago).

You should consider a VST soundfont player. Here are a couple free VSTs you can try:

http://www.tx16wx.com/

https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/