MultitrackStudio User Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:34 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 118
I have suggestions for developer.
I don't know if any of these exist already, correct me if I am wrong.
I am using Standard version, maybe these options exist already in Pro version.

1. When I select notes to copy with Select Notes mode and if first note is, for example, at 4:1.525 and I paste at 5:1.525, notes are pasted on 5:1.500. Notes are getting snapped obviously to nearest beat. That's not good.

2. Add Tuplet notes insert.

3. I need an option to insert (copy/paste) notes automaticaly for intervals. For example, if I have C4, I want to select it and to have a button that I can automatically insert C3 at same position, or any other interval.

4. Add option to zoom score vertically, not just horizontally.

5. When you select just one note in Select Notes mode, in Notes editor there isn't transpose option.

6. When you click left mouse button in Transport position, you should be able to type in immediately value, not to open menu.

7. Note velocity should have option to select values (bars) and to increase/decrease all of them.

8. All controllers should have table with values that you can type in manually.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 1241
moxol wrote:
I have suggestions for developer.

Thanks!

moxol wrote:
2. Add Tuplet notes insert.

Is that different from rightclick --> Add Tuplet?

moxol wrote:
4. Add option to zoom score vertically, not just horizontally.

You can do that if you have a touchscreen. I'm not sure why you would want to to that if you don't have a touchscreen.

moxol wrote:
5. When you select just one note in Select Notes mode, in Notes editor there isn't transpose option.

But there is 'Note' ;-)

moxol wrote:
6. When you click left mouse button in Transport position, you should be able to type in immediately value, not to open menu.

You can use the Alt+W shortcut instead of clicking.

moxol wrote:
7. Note velocity should have option to select values (bars) and to increase/decrease all of them.

That would be nice. Note that the Velocity slider in the "Edit Notes" windows can do that.

Giel Bremmers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 118
Support wrote:
moxol wrote:
I have suggestions for developer.

Thanks!

moxol wrote:
2. Add Tuplet notes insert.

Is that different from rightclick --> Add Tuplet?

moxol wrote:
4. Add option to zoom score vertically, not just horizontally.

You can do that if you have a touchscreen. I'm not sure why you would want to to that if you don't have a touchscreen.

moxol wrote:
5. When you select just one note in Select Notes mode, in Notes editor there isn't transpose option.

But there is 'Note' ;-)

moxol wrote:
6. When you click left mouse button in Transport position, you should be able to type in immediately value, not to open menu.

You can use the Alt+W shortcut instead of clicking.

moxol wrote:
7. Note velocity should have option to select values (bars) and to increase/decrease all of them.

That would be nice. Note that the Velocity slider in the "Edit Notes" windows can do that.

Giel Bremmers


1. You didn't answer.

2. I didn't know that exist, it's ok.

3. You didn't answer. I know Copy->Transpose->Merge Paste does the work, but it could be better.

4. When I have 20 staffs, I can see only 4 staffs at a time in all MIDI tracks. I need zoom vertically in All MIDI tracks editor.

5. You can add Transpose, no hurt will be done. It's easier to just click -7 transpose then to count intervals.

6. It's something that you expect when you click left mouse button on Transport position, to click and type value. I don't want to learn keyboard shortcuts for something that's usual interface practice. You should fix that, because now if you click both left and right mouse buttons, you get menu. Why not use left mouse button for typing value?

7. I know you can do that in Edit notes, but again it's something that user expect. Beside, I see that there are disabled buttons Select, Copy, Paste, Edit... for that, so I was wondering why didn't you done that.

8. You didn't answer.

Thanks for replying, it's good that you are listening for users requests.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 118
Here are more suggestions.

1. When I open song I want to see version number in the window title.
2. Sorting of versions is not always the same, sometimes is most recent, sometimes is messed up.
3. Why isn't rewinding/forwarding on a whole measure, but instead it's like 5:3.460, 5:4.995... Why isn't forwarding like 5:1.000;5:1.250, 5:1.500,5:1.750, 5:2.000...?
4. Add drawing lines and curves (linear, exponential, quadratic...) in Volume tab, and any other place where dots can be drawn with pencil.
5. Select dots in Volume should be based on what you select with box, not all dots between vertical lines of box, if you understand me.
6. Add volume level text label for every track.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 1241
moxol wrote:
Here are more suggestions.

Thanks!

moxol wrote:
Sorting of versions is not always the same, sometimes is most recent, sometimes is messed up.

Good catch. Will fix that.

moxol wrote:
6. Add volume level text label for every track.

The current value is displayed below the fader (albeit very small). You can type a value in any fader or rotary knob by Ctrl-clicking it, by the way.


Giel Bremmers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 118
Support wrote:
moxol wrote:
6. Add volume level text label for every track.

The current value is displayed below the fader (albeit very small). You can type a value in any fader or rotary knob by Ctrl-clicking it, by the way.


I meant for level meter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 248
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
Quote:
7. Note velocity should have option to select values (bars) and to increase/decrease all of them.

That would be nice. Note that the Velocity slider in the "Edit Notes" windows can do that.

Giel Bremers
I'm not getting this velocity to change all selected velocity to 100. So can you change all selected note velocity or not? Am I doing this incorrectly?
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 1241
uncle808us wrote:
I'm not getting this velocity to change all selected velocity to 100

That's not what it's supposed to do. It change the average velocity of the selected notes. So, in your example, you can make all notes softer, but the first note will still be louder.

You can type '0' in the Dynamics box to make all velocities equal.


Giel Bremmers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 248
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
That works Thank you very much.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group